Manual swap in a 2006 SRT8 Magnum?

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

Grant

Manual swap in a 2006 SRT8 Magnum?

Post by Grant »

I have a 2006 SRT8 Magnum I'd like to swap a manual transmission into. Unfortunately disconnecting the TCM results in the car going into limp mode. I've played around with many parameters in HPTuners (including disabling trouble codes) with no luck. Does Diablosport have the capability to make a factory PCM work for me?

Baring this, I am a software developer and wouldn't mind diving into the assembly code. Anyone know what instruction set Chrysler uses?

Thanks for any help.
mikel

Re: Manual swap in a 2006 SRT8 Magnum?

Post by mikel »

I know for sure we've done had many TH400 swap vehicles tuned with CMR, but I am not sure if they were just flashing the pcm to a manual cal or setting the hardware switches to work like a manual.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Grant

Post by Grant »

Who can I talk to that would know more about this? I'm mostly wondering if everything else in the car would continue working. I'm told some people have done this by going to a 2009 Challenger 6MT PCM, but that this results in the A/C and cruise control not working.

Thanks.
mikel

Post by mikel »

are you hoping to keep cruise control after swapping to a TH400? I think most people would say leave it alone if you need cruise control :)
Not sure why AC would be an issue. Best to talk to a shop that has done this.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Grant

Post by Grant »

I'm planning a manual swap, and am much more interested in keeping the A/C than cruise control. The only shop I found that did this swapped manual 2009 Challenger harnesses, computers, etc. Into the car. It'd be a lot cheaper to just reflash the computer.