Completely stock CSRT4 overboosting

Post here with any questions specific to the use of the i2 on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

Trouble srt4

Completely stock CSRT4 overboosting

Post by Trouble srt4 »

Have the i3 and tuned on 93 car has good power
And responds nicely but if I go WOT or anywhere close
Boost spikes to 20 and over boosts its feels terrible
Car is completely stock and iv got no leaks waistgate
Is good and vacuum lines are good same with plugs I put the car back
Stock and drive around a while and it boost perfect and
As it should I reset the adaptives and tuned it back to 93
And no change still overboosting I turned the boost down 10%
And it still overboosts can someone please help
ArmyGuy255A

Re: Completely stock CSRT4 overboosting

Post by ArmyGuy255A »

I am having the same exact issue! I just got my Trinity T2 EX Platinum on Saturday and applied the Diablosport tune. The car is pushing out way too much boost and causing it to choke. It drives but I can’t go WOT on any tune other than the factory. I tried adjusting the 93 octane tune’s Wastegate setting to 25% (2k-4k) & 25% (4k-7k). Still overboosting like crazy in 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th gears. I am holding 5PSI in 2nd gear at WOT after the adjustment.

I am looking for no more than 15PSI across all gears on a semi-stock Caliber. I thought I should be able to customize the 93 Octane tune’s Boost parameter to 75% to achieve this. Hope there is a solution.. otherwise I wasted $599!
Trouble srt4

Post by Trouble srt4 »

I do know that depending on what mods you have could also be the reason for overboost
Such as aftermarket waistgate or BOV if it’s not the stock waistgate then your not on pcm
Controlled boost a cat less dp could even be a factor but I’m completely stock I had a boost leak
Before and it wasn’t letting me boost past 8psi got the leak fixed and I can boost 12 psi now but
With the 93 tune I overboost
Trouble srt4

Post by Trouble srt4 »

mikel could you please help me out please this overboost problem is getting old :drivingbad: :blowup:
ArmyGuy255A

Post by ArmyGuy255A »

I just got off the phone with the tech support @ DiabloSport and they said the Trinity T2 is not compatible with the CSRT4. I'm looking to RMA mine in for the i3. Are you using the i3 or T2?
Trouble srt4

Post by Trouble srt4 »

Iv got the i3
ArmyGuy255A

Post by ArmyGuy255A »

I'll be swapping out my T2 for the i3 in a few days. I'll let you know how the Diablo tune works on my car. I plan on having an actual tuner do a custom tune though. Every car is unique and deserves a custom tune imo.
Trouble srt4

Post by Trouble srt4 »

Hi did you get it if so how’s it doing
mikel

Post by mikel »

20 psi is normal with the tunes on these cars as I understand it...are you sure everything else is up to par?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Trouble srt4

Post by Trouble srt4 »

I’m 100% positive everything is up to par the best way to describe Everything is while in third gear or higher sometimes even in second gear at WOT ill boost past 15 psi and then when I get to about 18 and 20 it like back fires Or has fuel cut and I have went back stock drove around a bit and then back to 93 and it does the same thing so I pretty much gave up I don’t want to blow My engine or mess anything up

Unless you have any other ideas or solutions for the fix
Trouble srt4

Post by Trouble srt4 »

And now on top of this I checked for updates and it began updating the tool and then turned itself off and now when I turn it back on it’s at the beginning screen and it’s frozen FML