Trinity 1000 wont start up via obd or usb

General Trinity Support

Moderator: mikel

Dortega345

Trinity 1000 wont start up via obd or usb

Post by Dortega345 »

i bought my t1000 2nd hand i had to pay for it to be unlocked
it always worked well for me

a couple months ago my truck had to go into the shop so i stored my tuner away for some time
i tried using it and it will not start up at all.. no lights screen doesn't illuminate

i tried connecting it to my apple laptop and it reads ''disconnect the accessory using too much power''

my truck currently has a custom tune on it and the tuner has my original back up on it
cant access it because the tuner wont start up

the tuner has always been very taken care of

any help please and thank you
06MonteSS

Re: Trinity 1000 wont start up via obd or usb

Post by 06MonteSS »

the Trinity T1000 is not compatible with a Mac at all.. can't do anything with it on an apple computer.. you need to have/use a Windows PC/laptop...

as for in the truck.. if it doesn't power up at all when you connect to your OBD port, then it sounds like your obd port is not getting any power.. so check your fuses in the truck.. the cig ligher and aux power fuses.. as the obd port gets its power from those circuits..

replace the blown fuse and you should be good to go..
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Dortega345

Post by Dortega345 »

ive tried connecting the tuner to other vehicles still doesn't start up
mikel

Post by mikel »

Tough spot..unfortunately we are out of replacement parts for these devices so we no longer offer repairs.
We'll offer a nice upgrade if you want to get into a new device and trade that one in.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Dennis5374

Post by Dennis5374 »

So there is no warranty available on these ?! Mine was purchased in May and after a recent update all I get are lit led lights that stay lit With no backlight nothing . Less than a year from purchased and failed - and now I’m out a substantial amount of money ?
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

you purchased a Trinity T1000 in May 2018??? From where? Not here... diablosport discontinued the Trinity T1000 in December 2017... So if you bought a Trinity from here in May 2018, then you have the new Trinity T2 tool, so your fine.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net