Issues with tune license on 08 f150

Post here with any questions you have regarding theuse of the i2 on supported Ford applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

Trukker

Issues with tune license on 08 f150

Post by Trukker »

Bought the I3 about a year back for our Tahoe and am using this same handheld to tune my f150 via a purchased license. I havent had any luck requesting support in your technical support section so i came to the forum.

Ive flashed the 87 octane tune 5x and also modified the tire size/speedo recalibration parameter the same 5x. I have nothing. The speedo is off by about 8 mph. Doesnt matter what i input in to the fields it hasnt changed one bit. Which leads me to the only conclusion i could arrive on. The tune isnt uploading. So what exactly is being uploaded the 5x ive repeated this procedure? :shock: :shock:
mikel

Re: Issues with tune license on 08 f150

Post by mikel »

On the f150 there is a 2nd param that has to be changed, called vid block enable for tire size change.
Choose enable on that then load the tune and it should resolve the issue.
If not please post the last tune written here for me and I will check it out.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Trukker

Post by Trukker »

Ok. I gave it a go today. No dice. I scrolled thru the easy tune menu to eliminate that as a possibility per your instructions. I then tried modifying the parameters on my current 87 octane tune. It was not there per your instructions either. I then backed out to the advanced tune menu again and scrolled thru all the tunes and couldnt find it on the long list. Seriously theres alot of advanced tunes on this hh. I feel like ive eliminated any possibility of finding this vid block parameter. Ive done as asked. Here are some attached some pics of my 87 octane tune ive uploaded and the parameters selection screen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mikel

Post by mikel »

so in the axle ratio menu, you do not see a 3rd param for enable tire size change?
SHould be tire size, gear ratio and the enable option.

If not post the tunes from the tunes folder here and I will adjust it for you.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Trukker

Post by Trukker »

mikel wrote:so in the axle ratio menu, you do not see a 3rd param for enable tire size change?
SHould be tire size, gear ratio and the enable option.

If not post the tunes from the tunes folder here and I will adjust it for you.
No sir. Here are the pics of the axle ratio menu on my advanced 87 octane tune. And btw i looked up the dimensions and values and input the correct values for NOV and revs per mile along with my adjusted axle ratio(due to larger tires). No enable option available

And the other 5 pics were what i think you meant by tunes from the tune folder? Those are all of them. The asterisk denotes the 87 octane tune i uploaded and adjusted. Havent tried any other tunes from the folder.

Hope this helps resolve this...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mikel

Post by mikel »

when you connect the tool to a pc t creates a drive and there is a flder there called tunes, Im asking you to post the files from that folder please.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Trukker

Post by Trukker »

HERE IT IS...?
this was way more trouble than it was worth. Spent an hr just trying to figure out how to open frg files. should be attached
mikel

Post by mikel »

Trukker wrote:HERE IT IS...?
this was way more trouble than it was worth. Spent an hr just trying to figure out how to open frg files. should be attached
you cant open these files...I just needed you to attach it :)

New file attached, copy it to the root of the i3 drive (not the tunes folder) and the device will import it then go to the vehicle and load the custom tune.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Trukker

Post by Trukker »

you cant open these files...I just needed you to attach it :)

New file attached, copy it to the root of the i3 drive (not the tunes folder) and the device will import it then go to the vehicle and load the custom tune.

Thanks[/quote]
Thank You. Ill try tonight.
Ill TRY :lamer:
Trukker

Post by Trukker »

Ok so i saved the attached file you provided and attached it to the "root" file of the I3 drive. I got confirmation on the handheld showing it was uploaded to the HH. Took it down to my truck. Followed directions as usual and nothing different was noted. The custom tune option was still greyed out indicating no custom was available. So being the inquisitive type i came up and repeated the process 3 separate times to make sure it downloaded 3 separate times. Thats 6 trips up and down 3 flights of stairs. Still the same result 3x in a row. No custom tune available. So i furthered my effort and restored the factory tune thinking maybe it just needed to restart from scratch. Then REloaded the 87 octane tune and none of the parameter options have changed and still no custom tune available. I then updated the HH and rebooted it. Same result. This is the 6th day now and still nothing is working. What will Diablo do about it? Whole reason i bought the thing was because it was advertised to be able to correct the speedometer. Which is what i needed out of it and its not doing it.
Trukker

Post by Trukker »

AND FOR WHATEVER REASON YOUR SITE IS NO LONGER ALLOWING ME TO ATTACH FILES TO THE CHAT.

I have proof it uploaded to the HH but cant upload pics :blowup:
Trukker

Post by Trukker »

These are the screen shots showing it uploaded
mikel

Post by mikel »

OK I know what it is, please post the backup file from the tunes folder.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Trukker

Post by Trukker »

backup file below
mikel

Post by mikel »

ok, sorry about that, this file should load no problem.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com