2014 Jeep Cherokee KL

All General Questions can be posted here

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

Aimdogg

2014 Jeep Cherokee KL

Post by Aimdogg »

Hey Mike

I contacted you well over a year ago now. I have a 2014 Jeep Cherokee KL what the 3.2 V6 pentastar extremely similar to the 3.6..
At the time I was told there wasn't enough gains..
Well, HP tuners is now allowing us to tune the 3.2. I've always been a big supporter of DiabloSport. I was kind of hoping you guys would change your minds and get back into the 3.2.
Since I have a 2014 my PCM does not need to be unlocked.
I have a very large following in the KL community. I would be a great candidate to get this going.

I look forward to hearing from you soon. I feel like this could be a great opportunity. There are many of us waiting for this opportunity with Diablo.
Let's not have HP get all the fun!!!
mikel

Re: 2014 Jeep Cherokee KL

Post by mikel »

Huge difference in them adding the ability to program the pcm and us creating tunes for these vehicles, marketing it, etc.
Obviously their solution means you need to be the pro tuner and figure out how to calibrate that vvt V6, but I can understand if you are not comfortable with doing that.
Unfortunately it still doesn't change the fact that we simply son;t see enough potential market to develop this application as thoroughly as would be expected from anything we support.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Aimdogg

Post by Aimdogg »

mikel wrote:Huge difference in them adding the ability to program the pcm and us creating tunes for these vehicles, marketing it, etc.
Obviously their solution means you need to be the pro tuner and figure out how to calibrate that vvt V6, but I can understand if you are not comfortable with doing that.
Unfortunately it still doesn't change the fact that we simply son;t see enough potential market to develop this application as

thoroughly as would be expected from anything we support.

Thanks

Definitely not what we wanted to hear...
But even just the ability to access the PCM from Diablo and us being able to bring it to a pro tuner would be good that's what you have to do with HP at the moment
Aimdogg

Post by Aimdogg »

mikel wrote:Huge difference in them adding the ability to program the pcm and us creating tunes for these vehicles, marketing it, etc.
Unfortunately it still doesn't change the fact that we simply son;t see enough potential market to develop this application as thoroughly as would be expected from anything we support.

Thanks

Mike

Ya say " figure out how to calibrate that VVT V6" ... you guys have Tunes are ready for the 3.6... maybe you're not aware but it's the same engine. Minus .4 .. same...
Why not use me as a tester? I have a 2014 PCM is unlocked. I personally could sell enough units to cover your cost and make profits...
We I want the ability to have pre Tunes. Will we get all the features offered in other vehicles? No maybe not,.. isk but even th he zf9 is tunable...
What would I need to show DiabloSport that there is enough people wanting and willing? Don't give up on us that easily..
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

there is simply not enough, big enough, market demand for it to rationalize the extreme amount of time and cost and R&D for it...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
mikel

Post by mikel »

Aimdogg wrote:

Thanks

Mike

Ya say " figure out how to calibrate that VVT V6" ... you guys have Tunes are ready for the 3.6... maybe you're not aware but it's the same engine. Minus .4 .. same...
Why not use me as a tester? I have a 2014 PCM is unlocked. I personally could sell enough units to cover your cost and make profits...
We I want the ability to have pre Tunes. Will we get all the features offered in other vehicles? No maybe not,.. isk but even th he zf9 is tunable...
What would I need to show DiabloSport that there is enough people wanting and willing? Don't give up on us that easily..
Start a new thread with a bunch of other users who would buy the tuner if it were available. Thats why we made this section of the forum :)

Having 3.6 tunes for other years or models is not the same.
18 JL 3.6 does not calibrate in the same manner as the 3.6 in the Charger/Chally/300 for example. Each application requires countless hours in building the templates to everything can be viewed/edited easily in cmr, then time testing the read/write procedure, then actual tune development, etc.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com