Best tune for GMC Sierra

Post any questions or comments about your Trinity for your GM car or gas truck here.

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

Earthquake1

Best tune for GMC Sierra

Post by Earthquake1 »

I just got my trinity T2 and hooked it up and I was wondering what the best tune is for my 5.3????

I have K&N intake and cat back exhaust installed as well
06MonteSS

Re: Best tune for GMC Sierra

Post by 06MonteSS »

if you use 87/89 octane gas, then select/install the 87 octane tune...

if you use 91/93 octane gas, then select/install the Diablo Tune...

if you have a 2007 or newer sierra, then select the Firm Shift tune for the tranny tune....
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Earthquake1

Post by Earthquake1 »

I have a 2016 and I’m using the Diablo tune with the firm shift. It’s great but I keep getting warning messages for “IAT”. What is this???
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

IAT is Intake Air Temp... . not a tune issue... that's an issue/problem with your truck... use the tool to scan for trouble codes.. have any trouble codes? could be a problem with your MAF sensor...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net