Custom tunes on 5.3

Post any questions or comments about your Trinity for your GM car or gas truck here.

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

Bluecarz77

Custom tunes on 5.3

Post by Bluecarz77 »

How and where do i get a custom tune for my 5.3? Ive tried messing around with spark and fuel adjustments but itnl ends up having less power. Notnsure what to set things to to get the full hp and tq out of my trinity T1000
tuning@performancecals

Re: Custom tunes on 5.3

Post by tuning@performancecals »

I can work up a custom tune for you. Email me at tuning@performancecals.com
clayboy_123

Post by clayboy_123 »

I used performance cals for my 2014 5.3 and am very pleased. Zach was very easy to work with. I definitely recommend. My vehicle is even more alive than it was after the diablo tune.
mikel

Post by mikel »

good to hear.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
LckydevL

Post by LckydevL »

I just had the pleasure of working with Zach also. Very happy with my results. He made double sure I was satisfied.
Bluecarz77

Post by Bluecarz77 »

i to have a 2010 5.3 and noticed that the more i mess with the adjustable peramiters i loose power big time. i think its because when you install stock tunes it has already tweeked timing.. i think. as i gain more and more upgrades the chip helps more i think. especially on 91 octane. probly close to 400 hp at the crank

2010 silverado 5.3
k&n intake
tbs
10.5 taylor wires
true dual 2.5
diablo Trinity
mikel

Post by mikel »

adjusting params for no reason will rarely find you any gains ;)
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
clayboy_123

Post by clayboy_123 »

Does tune work any different with dumped exhaust vs single pipe out to back with a exhaust tip?
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

I can definitely get you hooked up with custom tuning.. the most recent 5.3 truck owner had this to say:

"Got about 50 miles on it so far, so not conclusive of course....but WOW. Hard to describe, but where I used to feel like there was a drive-by-wire lag when I quick dipped the throttle, that is completely gone now! Throttle response now feels a lot more like a physical connection to the pedal than it did stock. Also noticed the changes in the trans responses...crisper upshifts, and quicker to downshift with quick throttle application. Already the truck is much friendlier for real world driving conditions and the way I like my vehicles to respond. Great stuff, Lew! Thanks!"

I've been tuning GM vehicles, and only GM vehicles, since 2006... and have done several thousands to date....

With the custom tune, you'll gain even better/quicker throttle response & acceleration, stronger/harder pull, smoother & quicker power delivery throughout the rpms, better tranny performance/shifting, etc...

as far as gains go... absolute hp/tq gains are hard to predict... every vehicle is different... even if they're the same and have similar mods... location/weather, fuel used, elevation/altitude, etc etc all play a role... the same holds true for mileage gains - those variables, plus driving habits/style, how much highway vs city driving, etc all make a difference.... you could gain no mpg increase, or you could gain up to about 2 mpg increase... tough to say due to all of the variables in play - which is why there is no guarantee of any specific amount of hp/tq or mileage gains.

with the custom tune, I CAN tell you that you will definitely have a very noticeable performance difference/gain over and above the canned preset diablo tunes...

I have gained people anywhere from 12-39hp, and 10-35lb. ft. torque...and 0 to 2 mpg... again, obviously mods, fuel used, driving style/habits, etc all played a role in who gained what...

my custom tuning is only $145 USD...

Here's info about my custom tuning:

http://www.diablewtune.com/

there are links on there to the info you'll need - i.e. how to import/export the tune files I need from you, how to do a data log, what parameters to log, paypal "Order Now" button for purchasing the custom tuning, etc... as well as a link to just a small sample of just some of the "Testimonials" I've received from people I've done my tunes for - makes for good reading, hehe.

What I'd need from you is a copy of your "original backup" stock tune file, a copy of the "last tune written" tune file, a steady driving datalog, the paypal, and that's it... then we're good to go.

Thanks!
-Lew
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Louie777

Post by Louie777 »

I Just recently bought the Diablo Trinity T1000
For my 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 5.3 with a
Volant cold air intake I'm looking for a custom
tune that would give HP and torque, I do a lot
Hauling for my work.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

I can definitely get you hooked up.. www.diablewtune.com - and you can email me directly at: diablo DOT help AT gmail DOT com with your truck year, model, engine, any mods done to it, etc.. and I can reply with all of the info/instructions, the process, etc..

Thanks!
-Lew
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Arazoii

Post by Arazoii »

I know this is a very old post. but I just ls swapped a 5.3 into my 87 C20.
Who can I talk to about getting a tune for my stock swap?
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

take that swap setup to a shop to get tuned....
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Case8938

Post by Case8938 »

Can you use this tuner to set up after installing a cam.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Case8938 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:06 pm Can you use this tuner to set up after installing a cam.
custom tuning can dial in a cam swap in most cases, yes.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com