Board index General Technical Support General Support Predator 2 problems

Predator 2 problems

General Tech Support Questions

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

Post Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:18 pm

I have predator p2 u7202. It worked fine before I did an update to r69. Now my tuner doesn’t work, the update didn’t update correctly.

I removed the tune from my now parked for the season vehicle (2016 Silverado 5.3) then did an update to the tuner which I thought went smoothly. I then tried to tune my winter vehicle (2007 Tahoe 5.3) and noticed right away that the tuner wasn’t working the same ... at the tune screen when I hit ok it starts reading my truck right away with no tune select options. When it does it’s thing it says database error, update device and reboots. I later check the device info and it says status upload failed and vehicle info shows the vin from my other truck. On the ignition update program it shows status: upload failed and my silverados vin tune level: 0 installing: r247 (0 files)

I reconnected to my Silverado to see what it would do and it does the same thing as my Tahoe. When I hit tune it starts reading the vehicle without the tune select screen and when done says database error, update to tuner required. Checking vehicle info now shows 2 vehicle OS numbers and says it’s on a stock tune.

I need help to first fix the tuner so it can be properly updated with the fixed database. Then I need to see if my Silverado was actually reverted back to stock

Thanks

Post Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:45 pm

Please provide the serial number off the device so we can look into this.
Stars with 20X, 9 digits.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Post Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:40 pm

Thank you very much, past 2 days have been very stressful.

Post Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:30 pm

please connect to a pc and update twice in a row with the update agent software then it should work as expected.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040x4

Post Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:53 pm

Thank you, I will try tonight.

Post Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:38 pm

Hi, I did as you said. the first update loaded which was a reset file. After that, I restarted the ignition program and the VIN lock: upload failed was still there with my Silverado's VIN. I proceeded to download and install the next update which was 514 files successfully. I restarted ignition again just to check status's and if there were more updates and the VIN lock: upload failed was still there with my Silverado's VIN. It said there was another update for 514 files again so I downloaded and installed that successfully too. I restarted ignition and a different update was available which is the same one from 2 days ago that caused this mess ... that installed successfully. I check again and again with installs of the same last update. every time I check with ignition it tells me there is an update ... it's always the same.

Is there a way to do a clean wipe and factory reset?
Shouldn't I delete the old files on the tuner before starting the updates?

Post Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:18 am

Its just reloading the file we locked it to, it should be good to go in the vehicle now.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040x4

Post Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:19 pm

I just tried it in my Tahoe and all works again. Thanks so much. :)

Post Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:27 pm

good deal, enjoy.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040x4

Return to General Support