I3 needs ECU updates?

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

gentb2002

I3 needs ECU updates?

Post by gentb2002 »

good evening,
I have just purchased the I3 for my 2017 Silverado with the 5.3.
I updated the unit and when I go to install it tells me that 1 or more ECU's need to be updated before tuning.
is this something I will need to get done at the dealership?
are can the diablo take care of this with an update?
mikel

Re: I3 needs ECU updates?

Post by mikel »

connect to a pc and update with the update agent software and it will get you what you need.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
06MonteSS

Re: I3 needs ECU updates?

Post by 06MonteSS »

Yep, normal.. 2017/2018/2019 vehicles require a special unlock sequence... so what will happen is, when you go to install a tune the first time, the tool will give you a message that "one or more controllers can not be tuned - Contacting powertech for vehicle unlock... you will be notified within 1-2 days" - or something similar to that effect.. so then in 1-2 days (usually within an hour though) you should receive an email (if you registered your tool on diablo's site) that your update is ready.. or just run the updater again to update your tool in an hour or so - so then you'd run the Ignition Updater on the tool again, and it will update the tool with the unlock code for your ECM, and then you'd be able to tune the vehicle.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net