Which T2 should I buy?

This section of the forum is for discussion relating to the use of the T2 EX tuner/monitor on GM vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

kl0wn_killer

Which T2 should I buy?

Post by kl0wn_killer »

I see on the website that there are two versions of the T2: The "50 state legal" model 9200" and the "racing only" model 9245. I have a mostly stock (intake and Corsa Sport mufflers only) 2014 Cadillac CTS-V that I like to use for some light street racing but still plan to drive it on the street so it will have to pass emissions at some point. I plan to add headers and an overdrive pulley (mild) to the supercharger in the future but that is likely going to be all I will be changing in the powertrain. What I cannot seem to find out is if the 9200s have the same level of 'out of the box' performance tunes as the 9245 or are all its built in tunes different?

I guess what I am trying to understand is: does the 93 octane tune for the model 9200 produce the same amount of power gain as the 9245 model? In the "50 state legal" emission programming apply to all the preprogrammed tunes in the 9200 or does it have a different preprogrammed tune just to get it through emissions?

I am asking because for now I can pass emissions with the factory program (which i understand I can revert to in order to get through emissions) so i don't want to buy the 9200 if it provides a lower power gain than the 9245.

Thanks,

Dennis
06MonteSS

Re: Which T2 should I buy?

Post by 06MonteSS »

you want the 9245 Platinum version, so that you can get custom tuning done for it if you need to...

the 9200 version can not do custom tuning.... and it has limited adjustability, settings, etc...

you want the 9245 Platinum version....
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
kl0wn_killer

Re: Which T2 should I buy?

Post by kl0wn_killer »

Thanks, that works! 8)