No start after pcm swap

This area of the forum is for discussions relating to the T2 monitor/tuner on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

Jshaw361

No start after pcm swap

Post by Jshaw361 »

2016 challenger Scatpack m6.
Got the pcm in today. Disconnected the battery, swapped pcm reconnected the battery. Hit key twice to run position let sit for 5 seconds. Turned back off. Attempted to start and started but super ruff ,and no reaction from throttle. Tried it a few different times . Held the pedal to the floor while cranking for 5 seconds and then off and tried again still nothing. Well since it's my daily driver I swapped back in my stock pcm and it's still not starting. I tried putting it in run and holding the pedal to the floor for thirty seconds and off again and no change. Any help would be appreciated I need my car for school and work .
Jshaw361

Re: No start after pcm swap

Post by Jshaw361 »

Is this going to require a etc relearn at the dealership?
mikel

Post by mikel »

Most likely connectors not seated, or process not followed per the instructions when the pcm was installed.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Jshaw361

Post by Jshaw361 »

Going to double check the connections but what are the chances of not getting them seated properly both times. I followed the instruction that came with it step by step. If it was that I would think putting the stock pcm back in would fix it . Thank you for getting back to me so fast. I'm sure it's something simple
Last edited by Jshaw361 on Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
mikel

Post by mikel »

I follow, but you'd be amazed how many calls we take where there is a no start after installing the mod pcm or the stock pcm, and its almost always related to the connectors not being seated or broken, etc.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Jshaw361

Post by Jshaw361 »

Reinstalled the pcm and made sure the connections are secure. Put in a fresh battery and went through the key on and off process again just in case. Still just turning over but not starting. No codes no security lights . Probably putting my stock pcm back in tomorrow and having the dealership come pick it up.
akra11

Post by akra11 »

same issue here, followed instructions. New ECU not cranking the engine. Original ECU works fine. All connections are tight/

2019 Limited e-torque
Jshaw361

Post by Jshaw361 »

I ended having to have it towed to the dealership. Hopefully I will know something tomorrow.
mikel

Post by mikel »

akra11 wrote:same issue here, followed instructions. New ECU not cranking the engine. Original ECU works fine. All connections are tight/

2019 Limited e-torque
please give us a call to check this out.
Its almost always connectors...
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
akra11

Post by akra11 »

mikel wrote:
akra11 wrote:same issue here, followed instructions. New ECU not cranking the engine. Original ECU works fine. All connections are tight/

2019 Limited e-torque
please give us a call to check this out.
Its almost always connectors...
So, called customer service. Wasn't the connections, as expected. Something went wrong during the installation process. Tuner was reset, went through the motions again.
Worked out flawless put 91oct canned tune in for now until custom tunes from Sean are done.
Very satisfied with service. Thanks Disbolo team.
Jshaw361

Post by Jshaw361 »

They ended up not being able to get mine figured out over the phone. Had it towed to the dealer on Friday. Hoping to hear back from them today .