Differences between T2 9245 and Predator tunes

This section of the forum is for discussion relating to the use of the T2 EX tuner/monitor on GM vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

autoeng

Differences between T2 9245 and Predator tunes

Post by autoeng »

I have a 2002 Corvette base, only mods it has are CAI, straight X pipes (cats still on) and Stainless Works chambered round axle back exhaust.

The car came with a Trinity EX Platinum 9245 registered to the car and last tune loaded is Diablo Tune. I use 93 octane fuel and the car runs really well with the Diablo Tune.

The car also came with a Diablo Predator. I plugged in the Predator to another GM vehicle today to get info from it. It is a U7198 vers. 9r06. It's last tune under Options is "Modify Stock Tune" and it is registered to my car VIN.

I understand that custom tunes can’t be done for a Predator. However, I could use the money from the T2 Platinum, if I sold it, to help pay for a set of tires and a bent wheel that I found when I got the car home and got it up on a rack to investigate alignment pull.

My question is "what do I give up if I go back to the Predator tunes compared to the T2 Platinum tunes (other than the ability to get custom tunes)?" I'd like to keep the T2 but I can't sell the Predator as it is locked to the car.

Thanks
mikel

Re: Differences between T2 9245 and Predator tunes

Post by mikel »

That U7198 is super old, we stopped selling them 10+ years ago....i'd stick with the T2 personally.
The differences are 15 years of technology improvement, T2 is way faster, t2 has wifi, can support multi licenses, works on a bunch of different vehicles, etc.
The Predator is old, slow, no longer supported by us, needs USB to serial to connect to a PC, only does 99-02 GMs, etc.

You should be able to restore the t2 stock tune then restore the predator stock tune to unlock it, then reload the tune with the t2.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
autoeng

Post by autoeng »

Thank you Mike for the quick reply.
autoeng

Post by autoeng »

Good morning Mike,

Thank you for your previous help. I was successful with some help from a friend that has DiabloSport tuning equipment to restore the t2 stock tune then restore the predator stock tune to unlock it so that I could offer it to someone else.

The Predator that I have a U7198 version V.9r06 with hardware UNIV_REV2. The person that helped me to unlock it thought that it may not have been updated and that it may be able to help someone that is having O2 sensor errors by being able to delete those errors.

Can you tell me if this Predator can do that before I sell it and it doesn't end up helping them?

Appreciate your help.
mikel

Post by mikel »

9r06 is pretty new, its not going to have any O2 disable options as I recall.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
autoeng

Post by autoeng »

Thanks Mike