7.3 Original Back up lost!

Predator support for Ford diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

ollie1

7.3 Original Back up lost!

Post by ollie1 »

Ford 7.3, V.7r19D 2002 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited

I bought this 2 years ago without any issues. I had the economy program loaded and I decided to change to the 85hp. When I plugged in the module, it states that there is already a program loaded and that the Predator does not support loading on top of another program. Original back-up will not be loaded. I have changed it numerous time between the economy and the tow mode, but never had this come up before. Any ideas?

I bought this as a package from RPM outle. It came with an exhaust and AEM intake.
mikel

RE: 7.3 Original Back up lost!

Post by mikel »

Give us a call please with the tool powered up and in the truck, and we;ll get you going.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
deckardbrandon

Post by deckardbrandon »

i just bought a 2003 f 250 that came with a predator model v.7r19b
when I tried to hook up the predator it comes on but will not let me do anything because it says original backup was not loaded, I am not sure what to do can you please tell me my 2003 is a 7.3 L power stroke diesel
fisherman

Post by fisherman »

Ollie 1....Be careful about sending in the unit with the original back-up still in it.I sent mine to them and they erased it,had to have Ford re-flash the computer which cost ME $90.Now Diablo (Brian M or Brian K) will not answer my e-mails about re-embersing my money when it was their fault in the first place...Do not try to call customer service,you will be on hold and get hung up on.
mikel

Re: RE: 7.3 Original Back up lost!

Post by mikel »

fisherman wrote:Ollie 1....Be careful about sending in the unit with the original back-up still in it.I sent mine to them and they erased it,had to have Ford re-flash the computer which cost ME $90.Now Diablo (Brian M or Brian K) will not answer my e-mails about re-embersing my money when it was their fault in the first place...Do not try to call customer service,you will be on hold and get hung up on.
First off, nobody is getting hung up on.

When you sent the Predator in and fillled out the rma request, did you state that the tool had your backup in it, and that you had a tune in the truck?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
fisherman

RE: Re: RE: 7.3 Original Back up lost!

Post by fisherman »

Mike...Yes I did.I told Brian Mcmahan and Brian Koenig via e-mail exactly what was going on with the programmer.They new it still had the original backup in the unit.I can send you the e-mails if you want them?
O.K...No I have not been hung up on,disconnected during transfer trying to find the right department to talk to after being on hold for 17 minutes.
fisherman

Post by fisherman »

Mike...Just wonderring if you had an answer to my situation with the programmer.I have not heard back from anybody.I would appreciate an explanation....Thanks
mikel

Post by mikel »

For whatever reason they had to replace the Predator, so you'll need to have the truck reflashed to make it work again.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
fisherman

Post by fisherman »

Yes...as I stated earlier.I had Phil on the phone when he told me I would have to have it re-flashed and this was after I had recieved the unit back the second time.All I want to know is why was I not informed about the re-flashing that had to be done and will Diablo re-imberse me the re-flashing fee of $90.00?...Why will Brian M. or Brian K. not return my e-mails???
mikel

Post by mikel »

I cant say why or why not anyone is not answering your emails.
If they are not tune related, Brian M will likely not respond, as he is not in a customer service position, although he will always try to help when possible.

Brian K tends to get pretty busy as he is running the shipping and RMA departments, but I know he is aware of the situation.

It is my understanding, that if the tool is sent in for repairs and needs to be replaced that it will be up to the customer to have the vehicle reflashed.
Unfortunately, it would have been no better had we sent you the Predator back not working, right?
This was deemed to be the best solution, since you sent a product in for warranty, and got a brand new unit back in return.

If the dealer won't budge on the price, call around to some local mechanic shops to see if any of them have the ability to flash Ford vehicles, you may find someone that will do it for a couple bucks.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
fisherman

Post by fisherman »

Mike....I appreciate what you are doing.I do not know how to get in touch with customer service....I know you have not been in the loop since all of this started and I am not trying to pester you either.Here is what happened,I sent a perfectly working U7170 in for the $99 upgrade.Got the unit back,installed the 110 hp tune in the truck,drove 500 miles,switched the tune to the 85hp tune,started getting CEL off and on.Tried to re-install my original back-up and it would not work.Stuck in 85 hp.Called tech(Phil)and he tried to force it back to stock.This did not work,Brian M told me I would have to send it in with the original backup still in it so they could fix it.I sent it to him.I recieved the programmer back after they worked on it or this is a new one(I will have to check the serial numbers).I called Phil again before I tried to install tunes.We tried to install tunes and it would not read the original backup.Phil said it was erased while they were working on it and I would have to have the truck re-flashed at a dealer.I took the truck and had it re-flashed and the dealer charged me $90.00.I have installed the 110hp tune.The power is great but I have lost about 5mpg.I may have a truck problem as well.I am having it checked next week....So,I have already paid the re-flashing fee I was just trying to find out why they did not tell me I would have to do this when they knew the original backup was still in the programmer.$90.00 is alot of money to me.....Thanks for your time
mikel

Post by mikel »

Let me look into this...in the meantime, the race program is not going to be the best idea for mileage, try the 85 HP economy tune in the Predator for mileage increases.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
fisherman

Post by fisherman »

Mike...Thank you...I appreciate it.
Before I sent the programmer in for the tune updates I was getting better mileage from the 100hp setting than any other.But I understand that it has different tunes in it now.I do have a #8 cylinder and wastegate problem though.Getting that fixed next week.
fisherman

Post by fisherman »

Mike....What did you find out for me?
mikel

Post by mikel »

Well, basically since they replaced the tool under warranty there's not much we can do.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com