U7135 latest update...

Predator support for Dodge gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

Wicked09

U7135 latest update...

Post by Wicked09 »

I updated my predator #U7135 with the latest update. When I went to reinstall the 93 CAI tune it told me the car needed to be updated. So I went back to the computer and downloaded the calibration update and updated the car. It's a 2009 Challenger R/T by the way. I was just wondering if there were some major changes and why the car's
calibration needed to be updated. Hopefully this won't hurt the performance gains I was seeing before this update. Just a concerned/happy customer. Thanks.
I just took my car for it's weekly around the block trip. It's stored for winter. I noticed my exhaust smells a lot different. Richer is my guess. Did the latest update richen up the air/fuel ratios?? Sorry about being a pain. I am just always interested in what's going on with my car. Please give me as much details as you can. Thanks again.
Techco Intake, Modern Muscle Ported 85mm Throttle body, Corsa Cat Back, Predator Tuner, 373 Mopar LSD, JBA Shorty Headers, VVT cam by Arrington Hemi, Precision 3200 stall converter. MTCM, B&M trans cooler, High flow fuel pump, line lock,Nitto Drag Radials. Best time so far 12.5 @ 107.25
DGatzby1

RE: U7135 latest update...

Post by DGatzby1 »

If you just got it out and ran it around the block it was probably running rich. Did the engine reach normal operating temperature? When I store my favorite internal combustion engine toys for the winter, I keep them warm in the garage, give them some lubrication before I put them to bed and when I wake them up, it is time for serious exercise to warm up and then a quick oil change.

Good lookin Challenger and nice 1/4 mi time!
2006 300C-SRT
Mopar CAI/Toyo 245/275 Stagger
185 T-Stat/Catch Can
DiabloToona CMR Gas tune
Extra "Flex" E-85 tune
Wicked09

Post by Wicked09 »

The car was totally warmed up. Since this was about the 6th time I've done this over this winter, I deffinately noticed a change in the exhaust smell this time. I think it would be nice if Diablo would tell us exactly what they changed when they release these updates. I for one like to know what's going on in my car. I would assume any upgrades in the tuning would be done on a dyno?? Those results along with the previous results to show any gains would just be nice to know. Would it be so hard to put up a post on this forum to say "Hey...we made it better"!! Just my opinion. Thanks for the compliment.
Techco Intake, Modern Muscle Ported 85mm Throttle body, Corsa Cat Back, Predator Tuner, 373 Mopar LSD, JBA Shorty Headers, VVT cam by Arrington Hemi, Precision 3200 stall converter. MTCM, B&M trans cooler, High flow fuel pump, line lock,Nitto Drag Radials. Best time so far 12.5 @ 107.25
Quick

Post by Quick »

Predator firmware is the CROMs
Car (PCM) firmware is the CALIDs

The Predator firmware will support a number of CALIDs (at least one).
Let's say the old CROM supported CALID B
Then over time, Chrysler goes to CALID C, then D, then E.
Newer versions of the CROM are released to support the new CALIDs
Now you update your Predator with the latest CROM which supports CALID E.
You hook it up to your car which is on CALID B
Predator tells you that you need to update the car to CALID E.

The performance tunes are separate. Every CROM comes with the performance tunes bundled with it.
From one CROM to the next the performance tunes might change and they might be the same.
Changes might be in the form of changes to the tune, features added or deleted, bugs fixed, etc.

A different CROM does not necessarily mean the tunes are different.
A different tune does not necessarily mean it's better or worse.

Lot of reasons your exhaust might smell different.
How long has the gas been in the tank?
Outside temps.

I seriously doubt the tunes would change enough for you to smell a difference.
The tunes do not change closed loop fuel or timing.
If you were smelling the exhaust you were not at WOT.
2006 Magnum SRT8
AFE Stage II
Mopar Cat Back
185* T-stat
RDP tune by Steve
Wicked09

Post by Wicked09 »

Thanks for the info. I just think it would be nice if the Diablo guys would tell us what was changed or improved. Their tuner works great but as a customer, I would just like to know what changes they made. In another post I asked about the update. They said that they did re-do the tunes. It is my assumption they tune on a dyno. I would just like to know how improved the new tunes are. This post has been up for a couple days with no direct response form any of the Diablo guys. Usually in a few hours they say something. I'm just feeling a little ignored and I'm naturally curious about what I do to my car. Is it to much to ask to see the improved dyno charts compared to the last update??
mikel

Post by mikel »

We dont generally provide dyno charts...the tunes were improved to address a lack of performance with the older tunes...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Wicked09

Post by Wicked09 »

So you're saying that the new tunes are an improvment over the old tunes for the 2009 5.7 motors?? Any chance you'd be willing to share how much of a gain was gained?? And thanks for the reply.
cliffhanga

Re: U7135 latest update...

Post by cliffhanga »

hi ive just bought 2nd hand a preditor u7135 and have a
2008 300c i didnt realise it needs another lic to use it , any ideas please
mikel

Re: U7135 latest update...

Post by mikel »

we can unlock them for $129 but then it likely needs an update from a server that no longer exists....
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com