Brayan.garza841

Tuned i3

Post by Brayan.garza841 »

I buy tuned i3 and no working on my 2017 gmc sierra idk why
Say one or more EcU in this veihcle requiere an update
06MonteSS

Re: Tuned i3

Post by 06MonteSS »

2017+ vehicles require a special unlock sequence - so the first thing is to make sure that you register your programmer with Diablosport - https://www.holley.com/support/registration/ ----- Then you need to run the Update Agent program on your pc/laptop to update your programmer... ----- Then connect to your vehicle and select the preset canned generic tunes to install for the ECM & TCM... ----- Then what will happen is, when you go to install the preset generic tunes for the first time, the install will fail and the programmer will give you an error message: "Read failed, ECU rejected seed request (locked?)" ----- So disconnect from the vehicle, and then wait about 10 minutes, and then connect to your pc/laptop again and run the Update Agent program again and the programmer will update itself with the ECM unlock.... ----- Then you can go back to the vehicle and you will be able to select/install the preset generic tunes following my instructions above...

So...

1. Register the programmer - https://www.holley.com/support/registration/

2. Run Update Agent

3. Select a preset canned tune to install, and then Apply/Install Tune

4. Install will fail with message "Read failed, ECU rejected seed request (locked?)"

5. Run the Update Agent a second time (the ecu unlock will install)

6. Connect back to vehicle and Select/Install the preset canned tunes to the vehicle...

NOTE: if you have an 8 speed transmission, the 8 speed tranny can not be tuned, you can not select/install a TCM/tranny tune... only the ECM/engine can be tuned...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net