2012 silverado differential change

This section of the forum is for discussion relating to the use of the T2 EX tuner/monitor on GM vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

branedge

2012 silverado differential change

Post by branedge »

my son blew his rear diff so we swapped it to a 3:72 from 3:43 now when it goes into 2nd it essentially slips out of gear i guess you'd say - rpm go up but won't go, if i let off the gas when RPMs come down it goes back to 1st and is fine (Reverse is also fine). i was told we needed to tune the TCM (and EBCM, not sure about this one) to set the correct gear ratio. we purchased the T2 platinum, can we make the necessary adjustments with this (or does it have to be custom) and think it will resolve our issue or was more damage done when differential blew?

thanks
06MonteSS

Re: 2012 silverado differential change

Post by 06MonteSS »

modify the preset canned ECM tune and change the gear ratio setting and reinstall the preset tune with that gear ratio change...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net