2020 Silverado 7222-R Problems

Discuss Predator 2 for GM vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

darnette

2020 Silverado 7222-R Problems

Post by darnette »

Happy 4th of July!

Been having problems since day one with the tuner and am looking for some help. Gonna have to give the long version of the story so here it goes:
Initially when I received the tuner and my ECM back (1-week ago), when plugging in the tuner and clicking on the Tune screen, I would get an error "Tuner Error! Please Call Customer Service". Which I did and after a phone call or two and a couple of emails, I was told to plug the tuner into the updater as they determined that it was missing 1 - 2 files. That this should fix and if there were any other issues to call them back. I ran the update on it and after downloading and installing 530 files :o , I tried running the tuner again. Finally I was able to access the "Install Tune" screen. I made a few changes that I wanted (turn off DFM, adjust Throttle Response, turn off Auto Engine Shut-off), I then clicked Install. During the installation I received the screen "ATTENTION Module rejected date for file 5 of 6. Press OK to Continue". I pressed ok, received screen "Open, close, and lock the driver side door. Waiting for ECM to fully shut down....". I did as it requested and received the "Waiting for modules to fully shut down. May take 1 minute......". I sat in my truck for approx 1-hour with no change to the tuner. It's 90 degrees here and I had to get out of the truck. Opened the door and received the "Communications Error!" screen. After cooling off, I started the process over (with the window down this time, lol) and the first screen that came up was "Resetting Tuner". I'm aware that it's trying to reinstall the stock tune now because it sees a fault in the custom one. But now it continually hangs on the "Waiting for modules to fully shut down..." screen. I have removed the negative cable from the battery for over 24-hours (had to work), reattached and still get the same results, hanging on the same screen. The truck will not start now (probably bricked), have tried calling tech support (of course they're closed for the long weekend), sent tech support an email (like I said they're closed) and am running out of patience. Not sure what else to do or try, so that brings me here looking for help. This truck is my daily driver and this is very frustrating. Thanks for sticking with me on the long story if you made it this far, lol. So yeah, HELP!!!
mikel

Re: 2020 Silverado 7222-R Problems

Post by mikel »

I cant say I have ever heard of an issue like this, but we'll sort it out asap.
I passed this to our support team, but if possible please give them a call asap at 561-908-0040 with the device and truck handy.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
mikel

Post by mikel »

its been suggested to try the door open/close process a few time and let it try the recovery again.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
darnette

Post by darnette »

Thank you for the responses. I did try the open/close door multiple times, but still a no go. The tuner and ECM are now on their way back to tech. They're guessing it's related to a bad initial flash and want to work on it in house. *fingers crossed*
mikel

Post by mikel »

darnette wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:50 pm Thank you for the responses. I did try the open/close door multiple times, but still a no go. The tuner and ECM are now on their way back to tech. They're guessing it's related to a bad initial flash and want to work on it in house. *fingers crossed*
OK, I'll follow up to see what happened but we'll have it fixed and on the way back to you for tomorrow delivery.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
darnette

Post by darnette »

mikel wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:39 am
darnette wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:50 pm Thank you for the responses. I did try the open/close door multiple times, but still a no go. The tuner and ECM are now on their way back to tech. They're guessing it's related to a bad initial flash and want to work on it in house. *fingers crossed*
OK, I'll follow up to see what happened but we'll have it fixed and on the way back to you for tomorrow delivery.
Again, I appreciate your help with everything. Thank you!
mikel

Post by mikel »

Spoke with the pcm team this morning, he confirmed your E90 came in yesterday and that it was the only time we've ever had one of these pcms come in for recovery. Must have been a perfect storm of things for it not to recover for you, but im sure it will be fine moving forward.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
darnette

Post by darnette »

I did receive it back very quickly, recovered, and it had me up and running again. Thanks! Within minutes of your team receiving my ecm, I received an email notification of an update that had been "pushed" to me and to run the update to the tuner. Your team was still in possession of the ecm & tuner at the time and had been for only a few short minutes. Do I need to run this update on the tuner before attempting to tune my vehicle again or is it good to go as I received it? I am sure you can appreciate my apprehension in attempting to run the tuner again on my vehicle. I truly want this to work but haven't had any luck since the beginning. Your team has been very attentive to the issues since it began but I can't afford to have it bricked and be down again for a few days while I wait for some sort of resolve.
mikel

Post by mikel »

darnette wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:29 am I did receive it back very quickly, recovered, and it had me up and running again. Thanks! Within minutes of your team receiving my ecm, I received an email notification of an update that had been "pushed" to me and to run the update to the tuner. Your team was still in possession of the ecm & tuner at the time and had been for only a few short minutes. Do I need to run this update on the tuner before attempting to tune my vehicle again or is it good to go as I received it? I am sure you can appreciate my apprehension in attempting to run the tuner again on my vehicle. I truly want this to work but haven't had any luck since the beginning. Your team has been very attentive to the issues since it began but I can't afford to have it bricked and be down again for a few days while I wait for some sort of resolve.
Id suggest confirming with the tech who you worked with, as they would know what was targeted to the device, etc.

Did you send the p2 here with the pcm?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
darnette

Post by darnette »

Yes, the P2 and the pcm were shipped to tech together as requested.
darnette

Post by darnette »

Just spoke with tech and the assured me that everything is good to go. Gonna give it a try here in a bit, hoping for the best.
darnette

Post by darnette »

I did end up needing to run the update but..............SUCCESS!!!

Thanks again for the help.
mikel

Post by mikel »

glad to hear it!
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
tunenoob

Post by tunenoob »

I don't know if this helps, but I found that I had to open and close the door (window up or down did not matter), but use the fob to lock the doors to move on to the finishing process. Using the door lock did not work.
mikel

Post by mikel »

interesting, will pass this along!
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com