charging system

All General Questions can be posted here

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

RobVegasstrong

charging system

Post by RobVegasstrong »

I have the diablo I3 tuner and I have a custom tune for my 2017 RAM 1500. After implementing the custom tune, I've noticed that my idle RPM has dropped to approximately 1000 or below. This has become problematic for me because I have a sound system installed in my truck and the charging system needs to be adjusted accordingly. Whenever I'm idling, I have to keep my foot on the gas pedal to increase the RPM and maintain the functionality of my sound system. If I don't do this, the stereo and amplifiers turn off. The only way to keep the sound system running is to slightly increase the RPM to ensure that enough charge is supplied to the system. I've already upgraded to a 270 amp Mechman alternator and a higher-end stereo deck. Now I need guidance on how to adjust the charging system within my custom tune.
mikel

Re: charging system

Post by mikel »

the tunes do not change idle rpm, nor do most vehicles idle anywhere over 1000 rpm.

You can however go into the adjustable parameter menu and choose to raise the idle in Park/Neutral and/or in Drive.
There is no charging system control in the tuning, but idle adjustment should help.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com