3.6 Challenger Tuner

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

Mike_Levy

Re: 3.6 Challenger Tuner

Post by Mike_Levy »

What would you know about BJ's?
smackdownsrt

Post by smackdownsrt »

I love BJ's. They are the best. So good, I came twice!
...to be supported by Diablosport...
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Okay, thats enough. Stop thread crapping.
maine54

Post by maine54 »

Mike_Levy wrote:
maine54 wrote:
Mike_Levy wrote:The Juke R is stupidly overpriced. IIRC if they sold any here it would have been like $350k!! Nissan will probably sell a half a dozen of them to some oil yuppies or sheiks in Dubai and call it a day. No sane individual is going to spend $350k on a Datsun. Then again, I said the same thing about the GT-R as the continue to jack up the price, but the ricers still buy them. When it was $70k, I was fine with it. At $100k, its overpriced.
I agree, it is slightly over price, but hey they coined they coined that ridiculously accurate dual gear box and plasma cylinder wall coating so I guess they can charge what they want. It's a great vehicle nonetheless, underpowered for what it is capable of, but put's a majority of it's power to the asphalt.
Actually Volkswagen did the dual clutch first for a production car (Porsche did it first for racing), and Ford did the plasma coating first for production. The only thing Nissan did was put all the pieces together in one car. They don't even make the dual clutch box. They buy it from Ricardo. Despite all that, every time I drive the GT-R, I drove a 2013 yesterday, I can't stand the thing. The ride is horrible. Its tight inside. The sound is nearly as bad as an Evo with a fart can. I'm just embarrassed to be seen in it. I feel like I need to put on a sideways baseball cap, dark shades, recline the seat all the way and drive with my arm up on the window sill. Maybe even get some tribal armbands and Kanji letters tattooed on me that I have no idea what they mean. You know, the typical ricer.
I concur good sir, it almost seems like nissan figured out "what right looks like" (army term). I agree on a terrible ride though, but that's at slow speeds. Some cars just aren't built for wal-mart runs. I however do like the EVO though, just not the X.....it is a slap in the face to the VII an IX, plus they will always be better than 2009 and later WRX's especially due to the fact they decided to place the right on the wall of the third cylinder.
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

You've driven it? It seems the only one who hasn't is the guy who's looking to buy one. Guess thats why he's still looking to buy one. :punisher:
smackdownsrt

Post by smackdownsrt »

Local one sold before I could test drive. :( New one was in showroom before it sold (they weren't releasing for a test drive). I'm hoping to give that one right off 95 a shot this weekend though!
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

I would tell you to drive the one at Star, but it was gone when I drove by today. No idea if it sold or what. The Z06 was sitting with the 535xi instead of the GT-R.
smackdownsrt

Post by smackdownsrt »

If it were as simple as them just throwing me the keys, yeah I could probably do it. Not likely I'll have a half hour going back and forth with them before they give up the keys for a quick test drive.
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Half hour, no way. I was there nearly 3 hours on Friday.
smackdownsrt

Post by smackdownsrt »

cq842000

Post by cq842000 »

So now Diablosport supports the newest Mustangs and is planning 2013 Hemi support. This is just ridiculous. Next week I'm taking out a loan and contacting another company to make a sizeable investment towards tuning support for the v6 guys. It's going to cost me an arm and a leg but it beats waiting another four years just to hear no eta or it's on the list whenever we get around to it.
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Know what, any other company is useless. Even if they do release support, its canned tunes only. Canned tunes are worthless because every car is different. You need the ability to tweak the tunes, or you'll just end up losing power. And no other company allows you to tweak their tunes but DiabloSport.

So good luck with your other company. You're gonna need it, in a big way. Better off stock then with any of them.
cq842000

Post by cq842000 »

Mike_Levy wrote:Know what, any other company is useless. Even if they do release support, its canned tunes only. Canned tunes are worthless because every car is different. You need the ability to tweak the tunes, or you'll just end up losing power. And no other company allows you to tweak their tunes but DiabloSport.

So good luck with your other company. You're gonna need it, in a big way. Better off stock then with any of them.
DiabloSport sells programmers with canned tunes, but they also offer cmr support. A canned tune with dialed down torque management, aggressive fuel/timing advance, increased shift firmness is worth more than no tune that DiabloSport offers. I already have a ported intake manifold, ported throttle body, fender draw cold air induction, and dual exhaust with x pipe, now it's time to really take advantage of the time and money spent modding with or without DiabloSport's help. As for other companies, some of DiabloSport's own employees came from those companies, as far as I can tell, I don't need Diablosport to make this happen and prove their sales projections wrong.
mikel

Post by mikel »

cq842000 wrote:So now Diablosport supports the newest Mustangs and is planning 2013 Hemi support. This is just ridiculous. Next week I'm taking out a loan and contacting another company to make a sizeable investment towards tuning support for the v6 guys. It's going to cost me an arm and a leg but it beats waiting another four years just to hear no eta or it's on the list whenever we get around to it.
no offense, but this is funny as heck. :D

If you could afford to make this happen, I'm guessing you wouldn't be driving a V6 :)

The amount of time, money, and effort required to get into these PCMs is immeasurable.

It took us 2 full years to crack this PCM, and there is no way in the world that anyone will be able to do it quicker.
I would hate to see you drop a bunch of money like that only to see us release V6 support a month or two later, when you still have 20+ months of development left, just to get to the point where you can read/write the PCM. Then there is tune development, figuring out tire size, etc, its not quite as simple as you make it seem.

Now, since you seem to be miffed that we are adding support for current, proven sellers, let me remind you of this:
We didnt have to spend weeks on the dyno, or on the bench with the PCM, to add 2013 HEMI or 2014 Mustang, they are carry over calibrations, so it only makes sense to be current with them.
11+ V6 applications will require engineering time to process the files, and lots of dyno time to dial them in properly, so it has to wait until we are ready, as a team, to tackle a project like that.

I want to point out as well, that you are the ONLY one that seems to be taking this stance toward our lack of current V6 support.
The rest of the world seems pretty pleased that we are even considering it. You have said you are sure this will be bigger than HEMI, yet 2 years of forum postings from the HEMI guys before we released it showed the demand, one person calling us out for adding proven sellers before the V6 application is not quite 'demand' :)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
cq842000

Post by cq842000 »

mikel wrote:
cq842000 wrote:So now Diablosport supports the newest Mustangs and is planning 2013 Hemi support. This is just ridiculous. Next week I'm taking out a loan and contacting another company to make a sizeable investment towards tuning support for the v6 guys. It's going to cost me an arm and a leg but it beats waiting another four years just to hear no eta or it's on the list whenever we get around to it.
no offense, but this is funny as heck. :D

If you could afford to make this happen, I'm guessing you wouldn't be driving a V6 :)

The amount of time, money, and effort required to get into these PCMs is immeasurable.

It took us 2 full years to crack this PCM, and there is no way in the world that anyone will be able to do it quicker.
I would hate to see you drop a bunch of money like that only to see us release V6 support a month or two later, when you still have 20+ months of development left, just to get to the point where you can read/write the PCM. Then there is tune development, figuring out tire size, etc, its not quite as simple as you make it seem.

Now, since you seem to be miffed that we are adding support for current, proven sellers, let me remind you of this:
We didnt have to spend weeks on the dyno, or on the bench with the PCM, to add 2013 HEMI or 2014 Mustang, they are carry over calibrations, so it only makes sense to be current with them.
11+ V6 applications will require engineering time to process the files, and lots of dyno time to dial them in properly, so it has to wait until we are ready, as a team, to tackle a project like that.

I want to point out as well, that you are the ONLY one that seems to be taking this stance toward our lack of current V6 support.
The rest of the world seems pretty pleased that we are even considering it. You have said you are sure this will be bigger than HEMI, yet 2 years of forum postings from the HEMI guys before we released it showed the demand, one person calling us out for adding proven sellers before the V6 application is not quite 'demand' :)
Honestly I'm ready for things to happen, I was happy a while ago that you guys were considering support, but weeks turned into months into years...also to me all the consideration in the world hasn't brought us a tuner. As for demand, surely you've seen the forums outside of DiabloSport for two plus years now, v6 guys have also been posting right alongside hemi owners and sure enough if you don't see that then you've been simply ignoring them. Even if I bought a Ferrari and there was no tuning support I would be just as adamant. I appreciate that you can see past my frustration and rough edges and I will take what you've said into "consideration". As for proven sales, until you support the 3.6l Chrysler/Dodge cars you dont have an argument or comparison. If I am the only person with the stones to get pissed off at being ignored then so be it, I didnt get a Purple Heart or ARCOMM with V device by smiling and taking it up the rear. As for your monetary concern I can afford a higher trim and in fact I test drove them, but my plans involve the V6 plain and simple. It was always my intent to supercharge a V6 Charger and even though you guys have constantly worked against that plan it is still my plan. My advice to you is to take a trip outside of DiabloSport's forums and see the reality that you are so content to pretend doesnt exist.

All that aside, thank you for replying, taking the time to express your concern, and for offering your brand of logic.