2012 Ram 5.7 Hemi

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

SD22

Re: 2012 Ram 5.7 Hemi

Post by SD22 »

Updated and installed... Mine said low voltage but it installed tune anyway??
NYTHWK

Post by NYTHWK »

OK, so this is my first tuner. I have had zero experience with them until tonight. After figuring out the whole "theres a file in here already, you have to return it to its original configuration" in the demo mode : thanks again Mattman13. I went to the Diablosport.com/cdx and updated the trinity there (5 minutes on the PC). Then brought it out to the truck and ran through all the reading and writing/ turn key to off and on several times. I was ready to go after I loaded the 87 Octane Perf. tune. It was pretty self explanatory. I have an 18" Magnaflow catback and an AirRaid CAI so I don't know where I can go from here. To tell you the truth I didn't really feel a difference from a stop through 2nd gear, well maybe a little. I really felt a difference from 40mph and then going WOT - HOLY COW! and my needle saw the back end of the speedo....... that was F'n cool. I did a couple 1/4 mile runs too, the attached pic was my best. I am pretty satisfied with it. This definately opens my eyes to ALL the different variables that can be adjusted to exploit what ever you want to do to these vehicles. Overal, I am Happy with this product. Question - after you load the tune in the truck can you disconnect the trinity and everything and still keep the tune in there? Or does the computer default to stock.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Attachments
QMT NYTHWK.jpg
QMT NYTHWK.jpg (126.67 KiB) Viewed 6221 times
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

You can pull it out. This isn't a piggyback device. It rewrites the PCM. The tune is in there until a new one overwrites it.
manndhb3

Post by manndhb3 »

Anyone know how to disable MDS yet?
Scotty85

Post by Scotty85 »

Mine says "Calibration Update Failed". This was after it gave me a CalID error in the truck and after that the updater went directly to the "Calibration Updater" page on my PC. I performed the Calibration Update and now it just says Calibration Update Failed when I plug it in the vehicle and select Performance Tune.

Any ideas?

HELP!

Scott
brentwood

Post by brentwood »

i installed the 93 tune with no problem....
but i'm unable to install the 93 tune with mds off or traction control off.
it also won't allow me to change my tire size with stock tune or 93 tune.
any advice or ideas?
jlibert

Post by jlibert »

I'm having the same problem as cole. no 2012 on the drop down menu.
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

Just purchased the trinity for my 2012 ram, so hopefully when it gets here my truck is supported (export model) will update when it gets here.
Scotty85

Post by Scotty85 »

Disregard my last post. I'm an idiot. "ACC" is NOT "ON". I was tired yesterday when I tried it.

This thing is an absolute beast now. I actually need to turn traction control back on! And this is with just the 87 tune!

Awesome....

Scott
mattman_13

Post by mattman_13 »

So am i one of the only few that can't change tire size? Just says tire size change failed
dtru1222

Post by dtru1222 »

A lot of people are getting the tire size fail message but it is still correcting it.

To turn off MDS you have to modify the tune before installing it.

MIKEL,
Where can we adjust torque management?
2012hornyhemi57

Post by 2012hornyhemi57 »

Yes is there torque management adjustment? Can it be shut off. Its horrible on the 12s. That's why everybody thinks their slower then previous ones. Its very annoying. So if you can shut it off I'm buying one if not I'm still waiting.
eric448503

Post by eric448503 »

they turn the percentages down to the point where they are not an issue in their tunes, we cannot turn them down any more. If you want less, which they probably have it at the safest numbers for our drivetrains, you will have to get custom tuning
jimmyj

Post by jimmyj »

Thanks for all the all hard work,i must say this tuner rocks..just one problem who pays for tires now. :wink:
Scotty85

Post by Scotty85 »

2012hornyhemi57 wrote:Yes is there torque management adjustment? Can it be shut off. Its horrible on the 12s. That's why everybody thinks their slower then previous ones. Its very annoying. So if you can shut it off I'm buying one if not I'm still waiting.

One thing to remember is that you will still have traction control with the tunes installed. To disable it, just turn it off on the dash. This turns it off about 85-90% or so from what I can tell. (may as well be completely off) If you want EVERYTHING off, then you can disable traction control completely by going into "modify" before flashing the tune. It definitely makes a difference, but I can tell you....you will almost definitely not want to do this. My truck gets absolutely stupid with everything turned off. Just like a HEMI should! For everyday driving, I don't have it manually turned off, but choose to turn it off on the dash when I wanna play. As for torque management, it's off in all the tunes to the point that it would make no real difference turning it completely off manually. I am already looking for a sure-grip for mine. It's that bad...err..GOOD now :twisted: Trust me, torque management will NOT be an issue. I love it!