3.6 Challenger Tuner

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

TheyCallMeMike

Re: 3.6 Challenger Tuner

Post by TheyCallMeMike »

mikel wrote: I want to point out as well, that you are the ONLY one that seems to be taking this stance toward our lack of current V6 support.
The rest of the world seems pretty pleased that we are even considering it. You have said you are sure this will be bigger than HEMI, yet 2 years of forum postings from the HEMI guys before we released it showed the demand, one person calling us out for adding proven sellers before the V6 application is not quite 'demand' :)
Ive had my car on the test vehicle page for a while now offering to come down and have you guys look into a tune, a lot of us over on other forumz have been craving one of your tuners, but they fact that you dont see as much interest in it anymore might be in fact due to the way it seems like your gonna get a 3.6 tune out then we hear its for the jeep, or only hemi, or for new mustangs, its the amount of hype you create over on other forumz and then the disappointment when its not what we thought, we would love a tuner, and Im sure the market for one for us 3.6 owners is huge, youll find that out eventually if you decide your going to tune it, but until then theres just a bunch of let down 3.6 owners looking for some kind of light at the end of the tunnel, pretty much the same way it was for the Mopar11 owners, who a lot Ive heard are now using Hypertechs to tune theirs because trinity wouldnt support them!
210Blacktop

Post by 210Blacktop »

Man, as much as people ask on the Charger foumz, I can hardly believe there is a "lack of demand." The V6 Pentastar segment is a HUGE segment of vehicles. It would be pretty sweet if we could get this tuner. Come on Diablo!!!
Griffin26

Post by Griffin26 »

Im with 210 Blacktop on this one... we are part of the same forum... If you just looked at demand for your tuners on other forums you will see there is a very high demand for them.... Yes i know you are going to support the 3.6 for us when we do not know and thats understandable i know how long the process is... but if the reason for not working on it right away is demand I just think your not looking in the right places... now im not saying its greater than HEMI demand or its going to outsell HEMI tuners... just stating that there is a high demand for 3.6 tuners just on our charger forumz that doesnt count challys or other charger /chally forums.. Just figure id let you know that the few ppl who ask on this forum for 3.6 tuning are not the only ones who are requesting tuning... Cant wait for some DS power...
Homerrca

Post by Homerrca »

First off I want to say thanks to Diablo for working on a solution for the V6 folks.

I have heard that there is no encryption for the Ford and chev folks so I understand why you would come out with a tune for them. It makes perfect business sense if you can produce a product with minimal effort (and make money).

My question is with regards to the PCM, I assume that Dodge / Chrysler didn't use the a "universal unit" for both the V6 and the HEMI vehicles?

I bought my V6 as my every day driver and sure I wouldn't mind some extra HP (who wouldn't) and the ability to change tires sizes, etc but I am willing to wait a bit longer for a decent product that is done right with testing.

Thanks again for your support for the V6 and the V8 folks.
tykester

Post by tykester »

Please do the new Dodge V-6
mikuni_03

Post by mikuni_03 »

Why wouldn't the V-6 guys want a Diablosport tune too? I know I do. I've had numerous Diablo products and just assumed when I purchased my Charger that there would be a programmer for it too. I was sad to find that it wasn't available. Please :D
a.edwards676

Post by a.edwards676 »

I would love to tune my 3.6 charger. I have intentions to supercharge my car. But until that time comes I would like to be able to tune my car and get the most out of it. This being said I am glad we are on the board and I am willing to wait for a good product versus an undertested programmer that is constantly being criticized. There is a large market, and it will show when it becomes availible, but until then good luck with the tune.
Last edited by a.edwards676 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
zskenandore

Post by zskenandore »

I usually heckle whoever handles your facebook page, but this is the real deal here. Seriously, diablo, cmon already! I would love to tune my 11 charger 3.6 pentastar! Waiting on you! My tax money is burning a hole in my pocket, make a tune for us, please before I spend all my money on something else.......
jimmirehman

Post by jimmirehman »

2011 Charger Rallye Plus owner here. I'm not sure why diabloSport wouldn't want to attack a whole fleet of potential customers with this untouched market. 3.6 Pentastar's are the future. We are in the middle of the 3rd year of the Pentastar engines and they are selling like crazy! This is a gold mine!
drksd4848

Post by drksd4848 »

cq842000 wrote:
mikel wrote:
cq842000 wrote:So now Diablosport supports the newest Mustangs and is planning 2013 Hemi support. This is just ridiculous. Next week I'm taking out a loan and contacting another company to make a sizeable investment towards tuning support for the v6 guys. It's going to cost me an arm and a leg but it beats waiting another four years just to hear no eta or it's on the list whenever we get around to it.
no offense, but this is funny as heck. :D

If you could afford to make this happen, I'm guessing you wouldn't be driving a V6 :)

The amount of time, money, and effort required to get into these PCMs is immeasurable.

It took us 2 full years to crack this PCM, and there is no way in the world that anyone will be able to do it quicker.
I would hate to see you drop a bunch of money like that only to see us release V6 support a month or two later, when you still have 20+ months of development left, just to get to the point where you can read/write the PCM. Then there is tune development, figuring out tire size, etc, its not quite as simple as you make it seem.

Now, since you seem to be miffed that we are adding support for current, proven sellers, let me remind you of this:
We didnt have to spend weeks on the dyno, or on the bench with the PCM, to add 2013 HEMI or 2014 Mustang, they are carry over calibrations, so it only makes sense to be current with them.
11+ V6 applications will require engineering time to process the files, and lots of dyno time to dial them in properly, so it has to wait until we are ready, as a team, to tackle a project like that.

I want to point out as well, that you are the ONLY one that seems to be taking this stance toward our lack of current V6 support.
The rest of the world seems pretty pleased that we are even considering it. You have said you are sure this will be bigger than HEMI, yet 2 years of forum postings from the HEMI guys before we released it showed the demand, one person calling us out for adding proven sellers before the V6 application is not quite 'demand' :)
Honestly I'm ready for things to happen, I was happy a while ago that you guys were considering support, but weeks turned into months into years...also to me all the consideration in the world hasn't brought us a tuner. As for demand, surely you've seen the forums outside of DiabloSport for two plus years now, v6 guys have also been posting right alongside hemi owners and sure enough if you don't see that then you've been simply ignoring them. Even if I bought a Ferrari and there was no tuning support I would be just as adamant. I appreciate that you can see past my frustration and rough edges and I will take what you've said into "consideration". As for proven sales, until you support the 3.6l Chrysler/Dodge cars you dont have an argument or comparison. If I am the only person with the stones to get pissed off at being ignored then so be it, I didnt get a Purple Heart or ARCOMM with V device by smiling and taking it up the rear. As for your monetary concern I can afford a higher trim and in fact I test drove them, but my plans involve the V6 plain and simple. It was always my intent to supercharge a V6 Charger and even though you guys have constantly worked against that plan it is still my plan. My advice to you is to take a trip outside of DiabloSport's forums and see the reality that you are so content to pretend doesnt exist.

All that aside, thank you for replying, taking the time to express your concern, and for offering your brand of logic.
Please no offense, Mikel but ummm...

He's one voice among a large chorus of others... myself included. Want me to organize a spam campaign? LOTS of us want this.
a.edwards676

Post by a.edwards676 »

jimmirehman wrote:Please no offense, Mikel but ummm...

He's one voice among a large chorus of others... myself included. Want me to organize a spam campaign? LOTS of us want this.
All of the forums are ready for something to be done. Threads are being started just because of the comments on here. There is demand and people are realizing they have to come here and prove it.
mikel

Post by mikel »

you guys need to take a deep breath :)

If you read a little more, you'll see I have clearly stated this will happen, the problem is with people trying to tell us when and how we should have released them. Thats up to us. We never said we wouldn't do it.
We never said we have no interest.

We know there is demand, or it wouldn't even be on the map....I keep saying this, why would we have supported the 05-10 V6 models if we had no intention of supporting the much better performing 3.6 models?????????????

Calm down. If I see a 'Spam campaign', this will get locked in a heartbeat.
Showing interest is all thats needed here.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
cq842000

Post by cq842000 »

mikel wrote:you guys need to take a deep breath :)

If you read a little more, you'll see I have clearly stated this will happen, the problem is with people trying to tell us when and how we should have released them. Thats up to us. We never said we wouldn't do it.

We know there is demand, or it wouldn't even be on the map....I keep saying this, why would we have supported the 05-10 V6 models if we had no intention of supporting the much better performing 3.6 models?????????????

Thanks
You needed to see demand to understand why tuning the 3.6l should be prioritized. You even admitted that development hasn't even started so the only thing you'll see here is interest and proof of the level of demand currently out there for 3.6l Dodge/Chrysler tuning support, there are many many more that haven't made it here yet that want a programmer from DiabloSport. Nobody is trying to tell you how and when you should release support only that you may have overlooked the multitude that do want it. I've never asked for an eta only proof positive or absolute confirmation that we will be supported specifically not in general. A lot more should be showing up here within the month and we will continue to express our desire for tuning until our requests are fulfilled.
gregzbobo

Post by gregzbobo »

At risk of causing locked thread, I have a 2012 Avenger with the 3.6 Pentastar and have been wanting to put a tune on it since the day I rolled off the lot with it at 14 miles on the odo, and I'll continue waiting patiently for the day you folks are able to get this and other 3.6 Pentastar tunes released to the market.
2012 Dodge Avenger 3.6: Mopar CAI, Corsa cat-back exhaust, various other non-performance mods/upgrades.
Homerrca

Post by Homerrca »

mikel wrote:you guys need to take a deep breath :)

Thanks
Thanks for your note Mike

Maybe everyone needs to start sending emails to Chrysler and get them to either release the codes or bring in a company like Diablo and partner up. You can buy a ford pickup with harley badges, why couldn't Chrysler / fiat team up with Diablo to provide tunes for vehicles on and off the lots?

I am all for giving chrysler a nudge in this direction.