Search found 40 matches
- Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:21 pm
- Forum: Predator GM Gas
- Topic: *** No TCM Support for your vehicle yet? JOIN THE CAMPAIGN!
- Replies: 1251
- Views: 453796
- Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:30 pm
- Forum: Predator GM Gas
- Topic: *** No TCM Support for your vehicle yet? JOIN THE CAMPAIGN!
- Replies: 1251
- Views: 453796
I would dare say a very small percentage of U7194 owners have the 6 speed. Most of them have the 4l60e which does have a removable TCM so what is the argument there? Blackbear can also provide a data cable tune which will talk to the TCM.
The Superchips tuners even support the 6l80e so what's the ...
The Superchips tuners even support the 6l80e so what's the ...
- Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:13 pm
- Forum: Predator GM Gas
- Topic: ETC tables?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1266
RE: ETC tables?
I did sell it. That is just something I was curious about. That was the most noticable benefit of the predator was the throttle lag.
- Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:47 am
- Forum: Predator GM Gas
- Topic: ETC tables?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1266
ETC tables?
Do the diablo tunes alter the electronic throttle control tables?
- Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:02 pm
- Forum: Lounge
- Topic: U7194 v9r.14 for sale
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4476
- Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:38 pm
- Forum: Predator GM Gas
- Topic: Diablo Tune with 87 Octane?
- Replies: 23
- Views: 23374
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Diablo Tune with 87 Octane?
LOL
Would you run 87 octane fuel with the diablo tune as long as you are not getting KR...?
Are you messing with me...LOL?
I am running 87 octane fuel with the diablo tune just to be perfectly clear.
Would you run 87 octane fuel with the diablo tune as long as you are not getting KR...?
Are you messing with me...LOL?
I am running 87 octane fuel with the diablo tune just to be perfectly clear.
- Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:41 pm
- Forum: Predator GM Gas
- Topic: Diablo Tune with 87 Octane?
- Replies: 23
- Views: 23374
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Diablo Tune with 87 Octane?
This whole topic is about using the Diablo Tune with 87 octane gas. I have stated several times that the timing in both the diablo (or premium gas) tune and the 87 tune have less spark advance than the factory tune. My main question is why run premium gas when there is no TKR.
I have read that ...
I have read that ...
- Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:59 pm
- Forum: Predator GM Gas
- Topic: Diablo Tune with 87 Octane?
- Replies: 23
- Views: 23374
- Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:39 pm
- Forum: Predator GM Gas
- Topic: Diablo Tune with 87 Octane?
- Replies: 23
- Views: 23374
Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Diablo Tune with 87 Octane?
I was careful when choosing my words. The stock tuning does not benefit from using premium fuel. There are very few vehicles that are designed from the factory to re-tune the engine for premium fuel. I never said to use premium fuel with the 87 octane tune. I was referring to your claim that the ...
- Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:27 pm
- Forum: Predator GM Gas
- Topic: Diablo Tune with 87 Octane?
- Replies: 23
- Views: 23374
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Diablo Tune with 87 Octane?
Concoursd,
I have studied on exactly what you are saying. And this all started by not "feeling" any performance gain with the 87 octane tune. And that is why I purchased this tuner in the first place, to actually feel a difference.
I guess my thinking is that if I am experiencing TKR then it will ...
I have studied on exactly what you are saying. And this all started by not "feeling" any performance gain with the 87 octane tune. And that is why I purchased this tuner in the first place, to actually feel a difference.
I guess my thinking is that if I am experiencing TKR then it will ...
- Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:17 pm
- Forum: Predator GM Gas
- Topic: Diablo Tune with 87 Octane?
- Replies: 23
- Views: 23374
Re: RE: Re: RE: Diablo Tune with 87 Octane?
just because you logged more knock retard in one data run vs another means nothing. so many things affect the spark numbers your vehicle chooses to run.
chemically retard? ... i don't follow...octane is a rating of resistance to detonation nothing else
Trust me, I have logged and compared plenty ...
chemically retard? ... i don't follow...octane is a rating of resistance to detonation nothing else
Trust me, I have logged and compared plenty ...
- Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:37 pm
- Forum: Predator GM Gas
- Topic: Diablo Tune with 87 Octane?
- Replies: 23
- Views: 23374
Re: RE: Diablo Tune with 87 Octane?
haha.... it tweaks/adjusts a LOT of parameters, not just timing....
and yes, the only real difference between the 87 tune and the diablo/93 tune is the amount of timing/spark advance...
how much?? dunno.. would have to compare your 87 tune and diablo tune, tune files...
and the tunes ARE ...
and yes, the only real difference between the 87 tune and the diablo/93 tune is the amount of timing/spark advance...
how much?? dunno.. would have to compare your 87 tune and diablo tune, tune files...
and the tunes ARE ...
- Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:27 pm
- Forum: Predator GM Gas
- Topic: Diablo Tune with 87 Octane?
- Replies: 23
- Views: 23374
Re: RE: Diablo Tune with 87 Octane?
Is it possible to be getting KR without it showing up in the TKR when you log?concoursd wrote:you may have been getting KR and that is why the timing was reduced below stock.
I juat thought it was odd that the 87 tune had less timing than my stock tune.
- Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:06 pm
- Forum: Predator GM Gas
- Topic: Diablo Tune with 87 Octane?
- Replies: 23
- Views: 23374
RE: Diablo Tune with 87 Octane?
I ran multiple logs with the 87 tune and it was consistantly 1.5° lower than the factory timing. So I reinstalled the 87 tune with the timing advanced another 1.5°. I even compared them on the same day with the same results.
I have always compared WOT logs so I was not sure if part throttle ...
I have always compared WOT logs so I was not sure if part throttle ...
- Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:28 am
- Forum: Predator GM Gas
- Topic: Diablo Tune with 87 Octane?
- Replies: 23
- Views: 23374
RE: Diablo Tune with 87 Octane?
Is there a difference in part throttle timing between the 87 tune and diablo tune?
When I ran the 87 tune it was a consistent 1.5° to 2° less spark advance than the stock tune on the logs I ran. I compared the spark advance at intervals of 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500 rpm etc...... I have not compared ...
When I ran the 87 tune it was a consistent 1.5° to 2° less spark advance than the stock tune on the logs I ran. I compared the spark advance at intervals of 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500 rpm etc...... I have not compared ...