Search found 38 matches
- Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:41 am
- Forum: Trinity GM Gas
- Topic: Restoring the backup original file
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2840
Re: Restoring the backup original file
This is using a T1000 by the way.
- Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:58 pm
- Forum: Trinity GM Gas
- Topic: Restoring the backup original file
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2840
Restoring the backup original file
I've been suspecting a problem with at least my TCM if not PCM were not restored properly. On more than one occasion the Trinity said that one module was not able to update (or something to that effect). And when I set my setup back to stock the shift points were still modified from a previous ...
- Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:21 pm
- Forum: Trinity GM Gas
- Topic: Does canned tune adjust VVT tables?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3491
Re: Does canned tune adjust VVT tables?
Thank you for clarifying. Much appreciated!mikel wrote:No VVT adjustments in the GM 5.3 canned tunes currently.
- Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:23 am
- Forum: Trinity GM Gas
- Topic: Does canned tune adjust VVT tables?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3491
Does canned tune adjust VVT tables?
I have a 2013 LMG 5.3L (VVT & AFM). Was wondering if the canned tunes make adjustment to the VVT tables, or if that's something that could further be optimized via a custom tune to gain more torque.
- Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:54 pm
- Forum: General inTune forum
- Topic: Need help with car running too rich after LTH & CAI mod.
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1938
Re: Need help with car running too rich after LTH & CAI mod.
Lack of catalysts most likely sent the PCM into limp home mode. It's looking for a certain value from the 2ndary O2s it's not getting now. Can't tune around that with a hand-held. You need a custom tune.
- Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:02 pm
- Forum: Trinity GM Gas
- Topic: 2000 Chevy Suburban E85?
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4768
Re: 2000 Chevy Suburban E85?
If so how does the adaptation work when running a mix of Gas and E85?
Sounds like he is trying to do flex fuel.
Also, it is possible to have a non-E85 compatible pump, where the copper disintegrates from corrosion, and the contamination can ruin the injectors. If the lines aren't stainless ...
- Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:18 am
- Forum: Trinity GM Gas
- Topic: 2000 Chevy Suburban E85?
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4768
Re: 2000 Chevy Suburban E85?
Also requires larger injectors.
- Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:57 am
- Forum: General Trinity
- Topic: New guy
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1365
Re: New guy
1- does the tuner have to stay attached to the truck once I have installed a tune? Or can I install said tune then put the tuner back in my house for security?
When you install a tune, you're flashing the pcm memory with the new settings. So the short answer is, no, it can be removed once the ...
- Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:54 pm
- Forum: Trinity GM Gas
- Topic: Please help me understand something here...
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4236
Re: Please help me understand something here...
if you log and the intake air temp is in the 90's, you want your AVERAGE ltft's to be around -3.xx's usually...
in the mid to upper 80's, you want them around -2.xx's...
70-low 80's, about 0.xx to 1.xx...
So when you say intake air temp, I should be going by the IAT temp on the Trinity, not ...
in the mid to upper 80's, you want them around -2.xx's...
70-low 80's, about 0.xx to 1.xx...
So when you say intake air temp, I should be going by the IAT temp on the Trinity, not ...
- Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:36 pm
- Forum: Trinity GM Gas
- Topic: Please help me understand something here...
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4236
Re: Please help me understand something here...
Not to hijack, but what temperature should we be targeting for ltfts?
It's been high 90s here, so I've been logging in the evening when it's in the low 90s. Average summer high in mid-July is 90. Should I wait for it to cool back into the 80s, or allow a slightly richer ltft value?
It's been high 90s here, so I've been logging in the evening when it's in the low 90s. Average summer high in mid-July is 90. Should I wait for it to cool back into the 80s, or allow a slightly richer ltft value?
- Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:56 pm
- Forum: Trinity GM Gas
- Topic: New Filter, LTFTs went richer?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3377
Re: New Filter, LTFTs went richer?
oh , BTL ...I FORGOT , I do own 08 gmc sierra with 6.0 ltr and Banks ram jet cai , great tone , not like k&n cia ...get great air flow, def perf gains , ill see how my new high flow cats and BORLA cat=back will work with it this sat ...getting dyno before change and dyno after THEN install trinity ...
- Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:43 pm
- Forum: Trinity GM Gas
- Topic: New Filter, LTFTs went richer?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3377
Re: New Filter, LTFTs went richer?
if trims went richer, usually indicates less airflow, if all other operating parameters were the same (fuel, weather, intake air temp, etc)
That's what I thought, which is why I was confused. Guess I'll either go with the a factory filter replacement, or K&N filter next time, instead of a Fram ...
That's what I thought, which is why I was confused. Guess I'll either go with the a factory filter replacement, or K&N filter next time, instead of a Fram ...
- Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:00 am
- Forum: Trinity GM Gas
- Topic: New Filter, LTFTs went richer?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3377
New Filter, LTFTs went richer?
Installed a new replacement filter for my 2013 5.3L truck. I had about 20k on the stock original, and even though it said I could go longer according to the manual, I thought I'd put in a new one as part of my last dialing in the tune before moving on to WOT. The new one is a Fram Extra Guard ...
- Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:13 pm
- Forum: General inTune forum
- Topic: bumpy idle
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2289
Re: bumpy idle
hey guys i have a 2009 avalnche with the 5.3l 325 LMG motor.
i have installed the diablotune. shut off DOD. shut off top speed limiter and selected the firm shift for tranny.
i have been using 93 octane and it has been a little over 2 weeks of driving now when im in park or at a red light the truck ...
i have installed the diablotune. shut off DOD. shut off top speed limiter and selected the firm shift for tranny.
i have been using 93 octane and it has been a little over 2 weeks of driving now when im in park or at a red light the truck ...
- Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:19 pm
- Forum: General Trinity
- Topic: SD card not reading
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3203
Re: SD card not reading
Yeah, and they seem to be the minimum available too.Mike_Levy wrote:2GB should work. Its gotten really hard to find 2GB standard SD cards at a price they're worth. Usually you see micro SDs or SDHC or they cost way more than they should.
Just to close the loop, the 2GB worked just fine, thanks.