Search found 14 matches

by SierraH/O
Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:29 pm
Forum: Predator GM Gas
Topic: 2005 silverado question about performance tune
Replies: 4
Views: 978

RE: 2005 silverado question about performance tune

Spend the extra and get the better gas. It costs about 2 bucks more per tank. Once you get everything dialed in, you'll still be saving money because of the increase in MPG.
by SierraH/O
Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:59 pm
Forum: Predator GM Gas
Topic: U7193...where do I start?
Replies: 18
Views: 3891

I haven't adjusted my LTFT yet as it is still cold out, and I want to wait for warm weather so it doesn't run lean in the summer. I have the L33 HO 5.3, if that makes a difference to you.

UHHHH...I think you run leaner in winter since air is colder and more dense and richer in summer when air is ...
by SierraH/O
Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:33 pm
Forum: Predator GM Gas
Topic: Which exhaust to buy
Replies: 16
Views: 4322

I've got a Cherry Bomb Extreme single chamber single in dual out with Magnaflow stainless tips on my 05. I have 160.00 in the whole thing. It's got a nice rumble at idle, but it rivals straight pipes at WOT. I have videos if you want them.
by SierraH/O
Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:29 pm
Forum: Predator GM Gas
Topic: U7193...where do I start?
Replies: 18
Views: 3891

I have my shift points set by RPM(WOT). My 1-2 is 5700, and 2-3 is 5600. As far as line pressure: Part Throttle=1-2 is +1 psi and -2 seconds shift time, 2-3 is +2, 3-4=+1 WOT 1-2, and 2-3 are both +2. I haven't adjusted my LTFT yet as it is still cold out, and I want to wait for warm weather so it ...
by SierraH/O
Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:34 pm
Forum: Predator GM Gas
Topic: 07 vortecmax dead after 9r06 update
Replies: 40
Views: 7395

This is just a prob with the U7194 right?. I have a 7193 on a 2005 GMC with the B code motor and have been running 9r06 for a few months. Do I need to redownload 9r05 to my Predator, and then the truck?
by SierraH/O
Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:19 pm
Forum: Predator GM Gas
Topic: Getting ready to order a Predator. Have ?'s
Replies: 15
Views: 3772

RE: Re: RE: Getting ready to order a Predator. Have ?

I've got exhaust, I just need a CAI.
by SierraH/O
Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:39 pm
Forum: Predator GM Gas
Topic: Getting ready to order a Predator. Have ?'s
Replies: 15
Views: 3772

RE: Re: RE: Getting ready to order a Predator. Have ?

OK. I've run my tune for about 3 weeks now. I am very happy. I know my 3.42's are killing me(32 inch tall tires), but once I'm rolling, it's an animal. I can't wait to get time to datalog, and get my LTFT's dialed in. I also noticed about 1 MPG better mileage. The truck caught me offguard the other ...
by SierraH/O
Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:12 pm
Forum: Predator GM Gas
Topic: Getting ready to order a Predator. Have ?'s
Replies: 15
Views: 3772

RE: Re: RE: Getting ready to order a Predator. Have ?

I did the Diablo tune. So the fans running more is normal? If so, I'm not worried.
by SierraH/O
Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:14 pm
Forum: Predator GM Gas
Topic: Getting ready to order a Predator. Have ?'s
Replies: 15
Views: 3772

RE: Re: RE: Getting ready to order a Predator. Have ?

I do have a question now. It seems like my fans are running more now. Does anyone know the factory on/off settings so I can readjust them?
by SierraH/O
Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:57 pm
Forum: Predator GM Gas
Topic: Getting ready to order a Predator. Have ?'s
Replies: 15
Views: 3772

RE: Re: RE: Getting ready to order a Predator. Have ?

Got it today. Loaded the 93 octane tune and tweaked the shifts point and top speed a little. After a week or so I'm going to datalog, and go into DSLogredux and see what it says. I can tell already it pulls hard through 1st gear(upped the shift point to 5700) I can't wait until it learns the tune ...
by SierraH/O
Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:35 am
Forum: Predator GM Gas
Topic: Getting ready to order a Predator. Have ?'s
Replies: 15
Views: 3772

RE: Re: RE: Getting ready to order a Predator. Have ?

I'm going to order this week from Maryland speed. Since the newest revision or the 7193 came out back in the summer they should have it, right? I want to make sure it has the datalog capability since that was one of the upgrades.
by SierraH/O
Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:56 pm
Forum: Predator GM Gas
Topic: Getting ready to order a Predator. Have ?'s
Replies: 15
Views: 3772

Re: RE: Getting ready to order a Predator. Have ?

Buy it. My truck is a beast with a (slightly modded) Diablo tune. Make sure you get the PC interface kit. I believe Maryland Speed (Google) actually throws the kit in with every Predator purchase --- other vendors may as well.

A. check

B. Slightly more. Expect 0.5 to 1 mpg improvement (if you can ...
by SierraH/O
Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:56 pm
Forum: Predator GM Gas
Topic: Getting ready to order a Predator. Have ?'s
Replies: 15
Views: 3772

Getting ready to order a Predator. Have ?'s

I'm getting ready to purchase a Predator in the nest 30 days and I was wondering what kind of gains I can expect. I have a 2005 GMC ECSB Z71 with the L33 aluminum 5.3. I plan on running the 93 octane tune, and I buy my gas at BP stations(recommended by Diablosport). I'm looking for
A.More power
B ...

Go to advanced search