Yeah I'm in the UK - so that's my issue - all the good tuners are in the US, so it would be by email.
I'm just worried about starting the engine with a 5.7 PCM tune and damaging the cam.
Thanks for the info.
Richard
Search found 15 matches
- Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:50 am
- Forum: General Questions
- Topic: Need help with an unknown tune....
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2147
- Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:10 am
- Forum: T2 for Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/Ram
- Topic: Updating issues
- Replies: 2
- Views: 455
Re: Updating issues
Thanks,
it's on my 'to do' list so I'll try get to it this weekend.
Richard
it's on my 'to do' list so I'll try get to it this weekend.
Richard
- Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:10 am
- Forum: General Questions
- Topic: Need help with an unknown tune....
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2147
Re: Need help with an unknown tune....
Thanks for the reply - that's kinda my issue, got the engine used, cam is already in it, without pulling the cam, I don't know what timings it has. I'm gonna fit it into a vehicle and see if I can read it at all.
Thanks
Richard
Thanks
Richard
- Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:07 am
- Forum: Predator 2 for Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Ram
- Topic: Wrote off my 2013 6.4 SRT8
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1665
Re: Wrote off my 2013 6.4 SRT8
Gotcha. I did a cluster swop in the 2013 and even putting the old one back, it wouldn't let me start the car due to a 'vin handshake mismatch' until I cleared it. Does the p2 check the vin on any other module other than PCM when flashing? The 2013 was a NAG1 box the others are both 8hp70 so it might ...
- Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:22 am
- Forum: Predator 2 for Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Ram
- Topic: Wrote off my 2013 6.4 SRT8
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1665
Wrote off my 2013 6.4 SRT8
Hi guys,
I wrote of my 6.4 SRT8, there was no power at all so I couldn't revert the PCM back to stock before stripping the engine / PCM. If I temporarily fit the PCM into a GC or another 300 ( both 6.4's ), will it allow me to revert the PCM to stock with the original predator I used? Not planning ...
I wrote of my 6.4 SRT8, there was no power at all so I couldn't revert the PCM back to stock before stripping the engine / PCM. If I temporarily fit the PCM into a GC or another 300 ( both 6.4's ), will it allow me to revert the PCM to stock with the original predator I used? Not planning ...
- Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:18 am
- Forum: T2 for Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/Ram
- Topic: Updating issues
- Replies: 2
- Views: 455
Updating issues
Getting error 'not enough room on device' when trying to update a 9345-D Trinity 2 EX. Got same issue with an older intune - is it something I'm doing wrong? Both devices are currently unmarried.
Thanks
Richard
Thanks
Richard
- Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:14 am
- Forum: General Questions
- Topic: Need help with an unknown tune....
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2147
Need help with an unknown tune....
Hi guys,
got a few issues to ask about, about different vehicles / devices, so I'll pick the best board for each.
OK so I've bought a used 6.1 gen 3 hemi w/box, loom, pedal, modules etc. Out of a 2007 GC SRT8.
Engine is cammed, quite aggresively, heard it running on a bench setup before removing ...
got a few issues to ask about, about different vehicles / devices, so I'll pick the best board for each.
OK so I've bought a used 6.1 gen 3 hemi w/box, loom, pedal, modules etc. Out of a 2007 GC SRT8.
Engine is cammed, quite aggresively, heard it running on a bench setup before removing ...
- Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:15 pm
- Forum: i2/i3 for Ford vehicles
- Topic: Help required with a locked PCM
- Replies: 9
- Views: 9287
Re: Help required with a locked PCM
OK so the i2 now reads the car!
2t01sh.itf is the file he gave me to fix it.
Gonna email the backup to BAMA now.
Richard
2t01sh.itf is the file he gave me to fix it.
Gonna email the backup to BAMA now.
Richard
- Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:01 pm
- Forum: i2/i3 for Ford vehicles
- Topic: Help required with a locked PCM
- Replies: 9
- Views: 9287
Re: Help required with a locked PCM
Just to acknowledge the help from Anthony Malara who I got through to in sales. We've force the backup on and I can move the vehicle to find the trinity. Also sent me a possible fix for the intune. So I've now got a couple options and it seems the pcm isn't locked.
I'll report back...can anyone ...
I'll report back...can anyone ...
- Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:33 pm
- Forum: i2/i3 for Ford vehicles
- Topic: Help required with a locked PCM
- Replies: 9
- Views: 9287
Re: Help required with a locked PCM
Guess you're all busy - still holding 
- Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:50 pm
- Forum: i2/i3 for Ford vehicles
- Topic: Help required with a locked PCM
- Replies: 9
- Views: 9287
Re: Help required with a locked PCM
OK got a bit further with this, but now need some help from customer services....
I've tried reinstalling the backup from the predator and it now says the last tune written doesn't match, so the VCM and Predator are obviously writing to the PCM ok, it looks like the intune is the issue.
Can ...
I've tried reinstalling the backup from the predator and it now says the last tune written doesn't match, so the VCM and Predator are obviously writing to the PCM ok, it looks like the intune is the issue.
Can ...
- Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:07 pm
- Forum: i2/i3 for Ford vehicles
- Topic: Help required with a locked PCM
- Replies: 9
- Views: 9287
Re: Help required with a locked PCM
Ok just tried calling tech support but we got cut off...
I've now checked and the predator backup had worked and it's got a file.
Still can't connect my i2. I still think the tune is encrypted, have asked the tuner.
Tried a VCM mk1, pulled the radio fuse and car is on a battery charger.
Can I ...
I've now checked and the predator backup had worked and it's got a file.
Still can't connect my i2. I still think the tune is encrypted, have asked the tuner.
Tried a VCM mk1, pulled the radio fuse and car is on a battery charger.
Can I ...
- Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:40 am
- Forum: i2/i3 for Ford vehicles
- Topic: Help required with a locked PCM
- Replies: 9
- Views: 9287
Re: Help required with a locked PCM
I'm paraphrasing here - it says 'log file saved' and then I get a box with Read Failed in the top left and can only click continue underneath. Device exits to main menu but I have to reboot it before I'm able to try another read operation - can't even get DTC's etc until I reboot the i2.
Thanks ...
Thanks ...
- Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:04 am
- Forum: i2/i3 for Ford vehicles
- Topic: Help required with a locked PCM
- Replies: 9
- Views: 9287
Re: Help required with a locked PCM
Things to add:
I'm not sure the 'IDS wipe' worked - it didn't ask me for the chassis VIN after killing the flash - although was still same session so may have been in session memory
I've tried using the intune now that the c&l tune from the predator is on - still get unable to read.
I've got a ...
I'm not sure the 'IDS wipe' worked - it didn't ask me for the chassis VIN after killing the flash - although was still same session so may have been in session memory
I've tried using the intune now that the c&l tune from the predator is on - still get unable to read.
I've got a ...
- Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:14 pm
- Forum: i2/i3 for Ford vehicles
- Topic: Help required with a locked PCM
- Replies: 9
- Views: 9287
Help required with a locked PCM
Hi all from the UK :-D
OK so to start, I've got a 2006 Mustang GT w/FRPP cams, intake and other bits. The guy who fitted the cams recently is a well respected tuner in the UK but has moved from SCT to HPTuner. The car runs **badly** and RWHP is **down** to 260 :oops: even with a 62mm t/b, FRPP ...
OK so to start, I've got a 2006 Mustang GT w/FRPP cams, intake and other bits. The guy who fitted the cams recently is a well respected tuner in the UK but has moved from SCT to HPTuner. The car runs **badly** and RWHP is **down** to 260 :oops: even with a 62mm t/b, FRPP ...