Search found 25 matches
- Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:39 pm
- Forum: Trinity GM Diesel
- Topic: Dumb EGR question...
- Replies: 22
- Views: 19977
RE: Dumb EGR question...
Thank you so much for all the help, Mike! Running like a Duramax again...Just ask the joker driving the powerstroke that wanted to see how well a duramax really runs;)
- Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:21 am
- Forum: Trinity GM Diesel
- Topic: Dumb EGR question...
- Replies: 22
- Views: 19977
RE: Dumb EGR question...
So what can I do to get the other pre-loaded tunes that were on the trinity when I got it?
- Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:22 pm
- Forum: Trinity GM Diesel
- Topic: Dumb EGR question...
- Replies: 22
- Views: 19977
RE: Dumb EGR question...
OK, new fuel filter, egr block plate with a finger stick....WOT get 100% engine load and 28lbs of boost, but it feels like I am in 3' of sand....wont go but smokes like a locomotive. Put the stock tune back, runs pretty good, 85hp tune...junk. Downloaded the latest update for the trinity, now all I ...
- Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:01 pm
- Forum: Trinity GM Diesel
- Topic: Dumb EGR question...
- Replies: 22
- Views: 19977
RE: Dumb EGR question...
Any new findings on the issue with the EGT's? I took a little trip with it yesterday, with a 30mph crosswind at 80mph, my EGT's were holding around 320-325 degrees. That is using the 0-1500 scale you recommended.
- Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:15 am
- Forum: Trinity GM Diesel
- Topic: Dumb EGR question...
- Replies: 22
- Views: 19977
RE: Dumb EGR question...
The thing runs like a stripped-ass ape at 1/4 - 1/2 throttle, but on the floor, feels like an old four-barrel that would die out when you would mash it, then slowly take off.
- Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:13 am
- Forum: Trinity GM Diesel
- Topic: Dumb EGR question...
- Replies: 22
- Views: 19977
RE: Dumb EGR question...
I will know today when I change it. I have only had it for a month. Dealer said it was just changed, but you know how that goes! I wanted to replace it with MY brand anyway.
- Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:32 am
- Forum: Trinity GM Diesel
- Topic: Dumb EGR question...
- Replies: 22
- Views: 19977
RE: Dumb EGR question...
Maybe while uncovering the answer to this issue, you can find out why it falls on it's face at WOT
- Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:24 pm
- Forum: Trinity GM Diesel
- Topic: Dumb EGR question...
- Replies: 22
- Views: 19977
RE: Dumb EGR question...
I did re scale it to 0-1500, but now it only runs 290-320* down the highway at 75mph. Is it possible to gave the thermocoupler installed too close to the turbo?
- Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:50 am
- Forum: Trinity GM Diesel
- Topic: Dumb EGR question...
- Replies: 22
- Views: 19977
RE: Dumb EGR question...
I will do that, thanks.
- Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:38 pm
- Forum: Trinity GM Diesel
- Topic: Dumb EGR question...
- Replies: 22
- Views: 19977
RE: Dumb EGR question...
I wouldn't use anything else!
- Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:55 pm
- Forum: Trinity GM Diesel
- Topic: Dumb EGR question...
- Replies: 22
- Views: 19977
RE: Dumb EGR question...
I am running the 85hp tune. I was thinking they were a little low. I first questioned if I had made an error in setting the parameters when I set up the EGT sensor, but I did it again as it was explained in the manual.
- Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:59 am
- Forum: Trinity GM Diesel
- Topic: Dumb EGR question...
- Replies: 22
- Views: 19977
Dumb EGR question...
Is there any way to turn off the EGR with my Trinity? I have an EGR plate installed, just tired of looking at the light and clearing the code. Also, is it common to not have a EGT over 550 degrees. haven't done any heaving towing yet, just making sure that didn't sound like maybe there was an issue ...
- Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:06 am
- Forum: Predator GM Gas
- Topic: 2005 GTO W/SHORTY HEADERS
- Replies: 19
- Views: 6572
RE: Re: RE: Re: 2005 GTO W/SHORTY HEADERS
I have shorties on my 06 A4 GTO and they made a big difference. High flow cats are over priced for the 1 HP gain over stock though. And as CANUCKPREDATOR said, the Diablo tune works well!
- Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:02 am
- Forum: Predator GM Gas
- Topic: U7191 Won't read ECM?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1280
RE: U7191 Won
Well, I unhooked the battery again for about 20 minutes or so and evidently that was enough to chase the gremlins from the car. All works fine again! Thanks to all that responded!
- Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:43 am
- Forum: Predator GM Gas
- Topic: U7191 Won't read ECM?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1280
RE: U7191 Won
Battery is a 1 month old Optima Yellow Top and was fully charged, and had been unhooked for several hours. (Removed battery and tray for suspension work) Thank you for your responses though, they are appreciated!