Search found 9 matches

by brent
Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:34 am
Forum: Predator Dodge Gas
Topic: problem with mac
Replies: 12
Views: 2922

To clear up incorrect assumptions about Mac's. If you buy the Serial to USB Cable and A/C power supply offered by Diablo, you can hook it up to any Intel based Mac and install the software and upgrade your unit. This is what I did. I too complained about the mini CD furnished with the kit because it ...
by brent
Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:22 am
Forum: Predator Dodge Gas
Topic: MDS and harsh downshift
Replies: 14
Views: 5210

I had an Edge tuner for a while and it had a PID that would tell you when you are in MDS. The exchaust drone always occurs when the Edge indicated 4 cylinder mode. I did not have the drone before I replaced the factory exhaust with a cat back aftermarket exhaust.

My 2007 RAM 1500 Hemi locks and ...
by brent
Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:32 pm
Forum: Predator Dodge Gas
Topic: MDS and harsh downshift
Replies: 14
Views: 5210

Thanks. It was the worse at initial installation of tune and it seems to be getting better. So the RPM change must be due solely to the fact that you are going from 4 to 8 cylinders with the same throttle position?
by brent
Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:08 pm
Forum: Predator Dodge Gas
Topic: MDS and harsh downshift
Replies: 14
Views: 5210

Thanks. It doesn't seem to shift harsh when leaving MDS, but it does raise the engine RPMs by about 300. I believe it is only when downshifting and coming out of MDS at the same time. It does not do this with MDS turned off. I am running the 93 tune. Also this happens with only gradual acceleration ...
by brent
Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:57 pm
Forum: Predator Dodge Gas
Topic: MDS and harsh downshift
Replies: 14
Views: 5210

MDS and harsh downshift

I have a 2007 Dodge RAM 1500 4x4 QC

With CROM 9r02 I am experiencing a hard downshift when it comes out of MDS and downshifts at the same time? Upshifts are fine.

Please help.

thanks
by brent
Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:37 pm
Forum: Predator Dodge Gas
Topic: U7137 Wants
Replies: 7
Views: 2212

RE: Re: RE: Re: U7137 Wants

Thanks for the info. I was getting 17.6 at 70 MPG with Ethanol. Around town is that I was getting 14 overall, but it varied due to traffic and lights. That said, this mileage was with a CAI and Cat Back Exhaust. My mileage went up about 2 MPG after I put CAI on. I am still testing around town with ...
by brent
Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:38 pm
Forum: Predator Dodge Gas
Topic: U7137 Wants
Replies: 7
Views: 2212

RE: Re: U7137 Wants

Forgive me for assuming FREE customer feedback was welcome and had a place in the product development cycle. I remember in the 60s and 70's when GMs mission was to give the customer what GM determined they needed, not necessarily what they wanted. Look where they are today. Not that I think your ...
by brent
Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:50 pm
Forum: Predator Dodge Gas
Topic: U7137 Wants
Replies: 7
Views: 2212

Thanks for the feedback. The mini CD had the downloader and drivers on it. I later figured out that I could have just downloaded them from your Web site.
by brent
Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:09 pm
Forum: Predator Dodge Gas
Topic: U7137 Wants
Replies: 7
Views: 2212

U7137 Wants

I have had the predator for about 3 weeks now and I would like to offer some improvements/information that I believe most would want. I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC.

1 Independent TCM shift point, firmness and quickness control, as a parameter modification and not integrated into PCM ...

Go to advanced search