Search found 18 matches

by Gustav
Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:02 pm
Forum: Predator GM Gas
Topic: 295 stock to 270 Supercharged?!? Is my Predator tune wrong??
Replies: 10
Views: 2822

Re: RE: 295 stock to 270 Supercharged?!? Is my Predator tune

jsk06c6 wrote:Told ya gustav, not trying the lead ya astray.
Truly, you are wise.

I believed you! - I mean you've never lied to me before!
by Gustav
Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:14 am
Forum: Predator GM Gas
Topic: 295 stock to 270 Supercharged?!? Is my Predator tune wrong??
Replies: 10
Views: 2822

RE: 295 stock to 270 Supercharged?!? Is my Predator tune wro

OK - I got this off the Performance Truck site and it would appear that the tires really are the problem. (Diablo is blameless once again!) Still would like to know which tune is safe though as per the previous post. - Thanx.


"YOU BET YOUR DAMN ASS THEY DO!

I knew large tires lowered output a ...
by Gustav
Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:38 pm
Forum: Predator GM Gas
Topic: 295 stock to 270 Supercharged?!? Is my Predator tune wrong??
Replies: 10
Views: 2822

RE: 295 stock to 270 Supercharged?!? Is my Predator tune wro

Yes, the Predator came with the blower kit - it has Vortech tune right in the menu. No idea what KR is so I doubt it was monitored. It was full of 92 octane for the dyno. While we're at it here, what about dumping in some octane booster? Just recently, I didn't have access to high octane gas so I ...
by Gustav
Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:41 pm
Forum: Predator GM Gas
Topic: 295 stock to 270 Supercharged?!? Is my Predator tune wrong??
Replies: 10
Views: 2822

RE: 295 stock to 270 Supercharged?!? Is my Predator tune wro

Wow, I didn't know the drive train loss was so much. I was calculating HP increase (per vendor estimates which appear to be a tad optimistic) from mods based on 295 and wound up with 400+ (not counting tire losses) Needless to say I was disappointed with the dyno results. Thanks for the input.
by Gustav
Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:53 pm
Forum: Predator GM Gas
Topic: 295 stock to 270 Supercharged?!? Is my Predator tune wrong??
Replies: 10
Views: 2822

295 stock to 270 Supercharged?!? Is my Predator tune wrong??

Just had my '06 Avalanche dyno'd and it came back with 270HP at the wheels. It's 295 stock so WTF?

Yes, I do have 35" tires on 20" rims. But I don't believe that the tires will defeat a Vortech supercharger with JBA headers and performance exhaust. Various forum types have suggested that the ...
by Gustav
Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:16 pm
Forum: Predator GM Gas
Topic: Axle Ratio
Replies: 4
Views: 1932

RE: Axle Ratio

Call the dealer, give them your VIN and they'll look it up for you.
by Gustav
Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:05 pm
Forum: Predator GM Gas
Topic: Vortech Supercharger Predator Tune
Replies: 4
Views: 2841

RE: Vortech Supercharger Predator Tune

Can't swap injectors cuz I don't have them with me - chucked 'em actually. I'll keep the blower tune and stick with low octane for the moment.
Thanks for the help!
by Gustav
Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:32 pm
Forum: Predator GM Gas
Topic: Vortech Supercharger Predator Tune
Replies: 4
Views: 2841

RE: Vortech Supercharger Predator Tune

Putting the stock injectors back isn't an option since I'm out on an oil rig in the middle of nowhere. What do you think would be the best (or least wrong) way to get by with the existing hardware? Should I still use high octane fuel with the custom tune even without the supercharger?
by Gustav
Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:35 pm
Forum: Predator GM Gas
Topic: Vortech Supercharger Predator Tune
Replies: 4
Views: 2841

Vortech Supercharger Predator Tune

I have the Vortech supercharger and it came with a Predator tuner with a custom tune. The supercharger was making some weird noise and has been removed and sent in for warranty repair. In the meantime the boys have done some plumbing so I can run the truck ('06 Avalanche) without the SC until it ...
by Gustav
Tue May 22, 2007 12:29 pm
Forum: Predator GM Gas
Topic: Gear ratio snafu
Replies: 3
Views: 2188

RE: Gear ratio snafu

The supercharger installer put in 3.73 and it should have been 4.1 (which it originally was in the accompanying predator) i.e. he changed it from 4.1 to 3.73.

I have since corrected it to 4.1. My question is: what kind of damage, if any, would occur if the incorrect gear ratio was left in?
by Gustav
Tue May 22, 2007 11:22 am
Forum: Predator GM Gas
Topic: Gear ratio snafu
Replies: 3
Views: 2188

Gear ratio snafu

So, the rocket scientist that installed my supercharger put in a 3.72 gear ratio thus overriding the 4.1 that was already in the predator tune. The correct one is 4.10 BTW - I checked.

I drove about 375 miles before I checked and entered the 4.1. What happens with a wrong gear ratio if left alone ...
by Gustav
Fri May 18, 2007 1:26 am
Forum: Predator GM Gas
Topic: 7193 torque management option
Replies: 1
Views: 1628

7193 torque management option

The option is "off" as received from Vortech with a supercharge kit. Should I be doing something with it? I don't want to turn it on since I have no clue what it does. Getting headers and exhaust soon - is this predator tweakable?

I've been stiffening up shift pressures and speeding up shift times ...
by Gustav
Wed May 16, 2007 5:29 pm
Forum: Predator GM Gas
Topic: U7198 that finally works
Replies: 2
Views: 1874

RE: U7198 that finally works

Quote: "also a refund of my shipping charges would be appreciated"

Simply enclose a money order for $98.00 (to cover refund shipping costs) and a SASE and you will receive a refund in 10-12 weeks (or so). Just kidding. P.S. to Mike: got the 4x4 DTC thing resolved - thanks.
by Gustav
Tue May 15, 2007 1:24 pm
Forum: Predator GM Gas
Topic: Vortech Supercharger Tune (06 Avalanche)
Replies: 7
Views: 4690

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Vortech Supercharger Tune (06 Avalanche)

Actually, I think I did see a factory size spot but actual was highlighted and I wound up there. So the truck came with 17" Wranglers & wheels - ferget if 17 was an option in 02. Anyhoo - I should put in wheel specs for the original tires even though it was supposedly tuned for the 35's later on? I ...
by Gustav
Tue May 15, 2007 10:51 am
Forum: Predator GM Gas
Topic: Vortech Supercharger Tune (06 Avalanche)
Replies: 7
Views: 4690

Re: RE: Re: RE: Vortech Supercharger Tune (06 Avalanche)

Sending this back up.

Mike, I was editing the previous message while you were posting yours. Anyway I used those numbers to no avail so hopefully there is something else to try. See previous message for details. Thanx

Also got feedback from an Avalanche site and got this:

"Get rid of the ...

Go to advanced search