Search found 2 matches

by ironoutrigger
Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:20 pm
Forum: Predator GM Gas
Topic: 2007 Classic Silverado AFM?
Replies: 7
Views: 11072

RE: 2007 Classic Silverado AFM?

Well, I'm leaning that I don't have AFM. My DIC has never shown 8/4 mode. On the engine cover it only says "Vortec" and nothing else. Owners Manual says nothing about AFM anywhere. I'm pretty sure I have an Iron block to boot. According to Wikipedia Vortec engines with AFM were first produced in ...
by ironoutrigger
Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:56 am
Forum: Predator GM Gas
Topic: 2007 Classic Silverado AFM?
Replies: 7
Views: 11072

2007 Classic Silverado AFM?

I have a 2007 Classic Silverado with a 5.3 in it. 8th digit in the VIN is a "T". I need to know if my truck is infected with AFM and if so how can I disable it? It's being reported that Chevy's are burning oil like mad when they start hitting about the 40k milage mark. On the order of 1qt every 2k ...

Go to advanced search