Search found 6 matches

by sniper226
Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:07 pm
Forum: Predator Dodge Gas
Topic: What really is "Throttle boost"?
Replies: 22
Views: 60104

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: What really is "Throttle boost"

Personally it's not for me for the following reasons.

1) It is just artificially giving the car more throttle than my foot gives it. Over time, my foot will compensate for this and it will be the same except the pedal will be more "touchy"
2) It is somewhat of a hazard to me. Reason being, I know ...
by sniper226
Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:40 pm
Forum: Predator Dodge Gas
Topic: What really is "Throttle boost"?
Replies: 22
Views: 60104

Re: RE: Re: RE: What really is "Throttle boost"?

mikel wrote:Im still confused.

its so simple, you shouldn't even be able to write a paragraph about it.

It increases the throttle opening relative to pedal input.
Lol, thank you. That's what I thought. Some people are making it out to be much more than it is.
by sniper226
Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:16 am
Forum: Predator Dodge Gas
Topic: What really is "Throttle boost"?
Replies: 22
Views: 60104

Re: RE: What really is "Throttle boost"?

It increases throttle response by allowing for more throttle blade opening vs. how much pedal is applied.

Where in the world did #2 come from??

If you think about it logically it makes sense. How can opening the throttly more earlier help? Why do they even have a throttle body to begin with? Why ...
by sniper226
Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:38 pm
Forum: Predator Dodge Gas
Topic: What really is "Throttle boost"?
Replies: 22
Views: 60104

Re: RE: Re: RE: What really is "Throttle boost"?


Actually, it's not "hair trigger" at all on my 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee, and it's been a huge benefit for me. The throttle boost is adjustable from 0-20%. I've bumped mine up to five, and it has made my GC eminently more responsive off the line, but not "hair trigger" by any stretch.

I supposed ...
by sniper226
Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:49 pm
Forum: Predator Dodge Gas
Topic: What really is "Throttle boost"?
Replies: 22
Views: 60104

RE: Re: RE: What really is "Throttle boost"?

It was from the Challenger forum. I guess I really don't see a benefit then in throttle boost and why people would really want it. It's kind of like a having a hair trigger on a gun where it's more or less on and off but hard to find something in between.
by sniper226
Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:47 pm
Forum: Predator Dodge Gas
Topic: What really is "Throttle boost"?
Replies: 22
Views: 60104

What really is "Throttle boost"?

I hear conflicting stories on what throttle boost so I am looking to hear it from the horses mouth.

So far I heard:

1) It advances the drive by wire throttlebody. It just fools the computer into thinking that you have pushed the pedal farther than you actually have. make the car feel more ...

Go to advanced search