Ok, so that brings me back to my first problem. Out of all the gasolines out there what ones do not have additives in them to rob octane? How do we as consumers, find out what is in our gasoline?
The stuff that you REALLY want to avoid is the stuff that the gas stations will advertise outright at ...
Search found 10 matches
- Sun May 20, 2012 2:54 am
- Forum: General inTune forum
- Topic: Knock Retardation (spark knock)
- Replies: 44
- Views: 14947
- Sat May 19, 2012 6:20 pm
- Forum: General inTune forum
- Topic: 2009 Charger would not shift after writing
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1629
Re: 2009 Charger would not shift after writing
I changed to the CAI tune which I am assuming is the 93 octane tune as stated in another post. I asked but never got an answer.
I would definitely avoid setting your car to any tune unless you're absolutely sure about what changes it will make. The 93 tune on the inTune is called the Diablo tune ...
I would definitely avoid setting your car to any tune unless you're absolutely sure about what changes it will make. The 93 tune on the inTune is called the Diablo tune ...
- Sat May 19, 2012 6:04 pm
- Forum: General inTune forum
- Topic: Knock Retardation (spark knock)
- Replies: 44
- Views: 14947
Re: RE: Knock Retardation (spark knock)
I had exclusively used BP in my CTS-V since I bought it last August. I thought it was working well. There was some KR, but I thought it was because of the increased boost. Last weekend I was out of town and had to put in Exxon. The knock is gone. Shocked the shit out of me!
So at this point, I'm ...
So at this point, I'm ...
- Sat May 19, 2012 5:57 pm
- Forum: General inTune forum
- Topic: Knock Retardation (spark knock)
- Replies: 44
- Views: 14947
Re: RE: Knock Retardation (spark knock)
I did not buy the intune to have to make a choice on using one or two different gas stations.
Whether or not you're using the inTune has no effect on the quality of gasoline from these stations and the impact that they have on your engine. Bad quality gas is bad quality gas, and it will cause ...
Whether or not you're using the inTune has no effect on the quality of gasoline from these stations and the impact that they have on your engine. Bad quality gas is bad quality gas, and it will cause ...
- Fri May 18, 2012 2:20 pm
- Forum: General inTune forum
- Topic: Knock Retardation (spark knock)
- Replies: 44
- Views: 14947
RE: Knock Retardation (spark knock)
Well, first off Shell gasoline is garbage. Sunoco and Mobil are definitely good gasolines, but I don't know how you rank BP and Shell up there as well.
If you're using 89 octane gas, why wouldn't you use an 89 tune? If you're going to use higher grade gasoline, you should tune to match the octane ...
If you're using 89 octane gas, why wouldn't you use an 89 tune? If you're going to use higher grade gasoline, you should tune to match the octane ...
- Thu May 17, 2012 11:10 pm
- Forum: General inTune forum
- Topic: 2010 Dodge Charger 3.5L - Modifying Diablo Tune for CAI + TB
- Replies: 7
- Views: 6868
Re: RE: Re: RE: 2010 Dodge Charger 3.5L - Modifying Diablo T
Pretty much, yeah, theres no changes necessary. Does the u7136 have CAI tunes? If it does you can just use one of those. If it doesn't, that means that the motor doesn't lean out with an intake and no changes are necessary.
I'm not familiar with the U7136. I've been posting on this board ever ...
I'm not familiar with the U7136. I've been posting on this board ever ...
- Thu May 17, 2012 11:05 pm
- Forum: General inTune forum
- Topic: 2009 Charger would not shift after writing
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1629
Re: 2009 Charger would not shift after writing
This has happened 3 x's. Once after writing the 91CAI tune, once when modifying this tune and tonight when I changed to the CAI tune which I am assuming is the 93 octane tune as stated in another post. I asked but never got an answer. It took me 4 flashes to get the car back to where it would shift ...
- Thu May 17, 2012 8:52 pm
- Forum: General inTune forum
- Topic: 2010 Dodge Charger 3.5L - Modifying Diablo Tune for CAI + TB
- Replies: 7
- Views: 6868
Re: RE: 2010 Dodge Charger 3.5L - Modifying Diablo Tune for
Its not pulling in much more or much cooler air. A motor can only use a certain amount of air. By enlarging the throttle body all you're doing is decreasing the air velocity. You aren't actually increasing the air amount at all because the motors air requirement hasn't increased. Only way to ...
- Thu May 17, 2012 5:48 pm
- Forum: General inTune forum
- Topic: 2010 Dodge Charger 3.5L - Modifying Diablo Tune for CAI + TB
- Replies: 7
- Views: 6868
2010 Dodge Charger 3.5L - Modifying Diablo Tune for CAI + TB
I've been using the Diablo tune on my 2010 Charger 3.5L and it's been great. My car is stock, so the only paramater that I adjusted in the Diablo tune was the throttle boost - I added 20%.
My next modification will be the intake system - I will be adding an R2C CAI and a 71mm ported throttle body ...
My next modification will be the intake system - I will be adding an R2C CAI and a 71mm ported throttle body ...
- Tue May 08, 2012 10:36 pm
- Forum: General inTune forum
- Topic: Data Logging?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1086
Data Logging?
i just got my inTune and I bumped my 2010 Charger SXT up to the 91 Octane tune, with a 20% throttle boost, and it's a lot of fun to drive. I just want to make sure that I can run this without causing any issues whatsoever, so I'm wondering how to go about data logging and how to analyze the ...