Search found 23 matches
- Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:44 pm
- Forum: Predator Dodge Gas
- Topic: '06 Charger SRT8 3-2 downshift rough
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1876
RE:
I reinstalled the 93 CAI tune, reset the TCM adaptives, and also had the tranny fluid & fliter changed (it was due anyway). The 3-2 downshift bump still happens but only with the Predator tune when in Autostick mode. The factory tune is still smooth. As noted above, it only happens as the car is ...
- Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:53 pm
- Forum: Predator Dodge Gas
- Topic: '06 Charger SRT8 3-2 downshift rough
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1876
'06 Charger SRT8 3-2 downshift rough
With the 93 octane CAI tune loaded (only one I've tried), I get a rough 3-2 downshift when in Autostick mode. This happens when I slow down and let the tranny decide when to downshift. If I make the shift myself then the transition is not as bad. The tranny downshifts smoothly in Drive mode. If I ...
- Fri May 14, 2010 1:56 pm
- Forum: Predator Dodge Gas
- Topic: Help needed reprogramming axle ratio
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4354
RE: Help needed reprogramming axle ratio
I cant really explain all of that to you...but the 'shift firmness' is not line pressure at all, and things are not as they appear on the surface.... I get what you are "not " saying. After all, you don't want to give away all your secrets. That's how you guys make money.
One more question about ...
One more question about ...
- Fri May 14, 2010 9:57 am
- Forum: Predator Dodge Gas
- Topic: Help needed reprogramming axle ratio
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4354
Re: RE: Help needed reprogramming axle ratio
Who said it was in the FCM?
The '06 Charger service manual. Without changing the gear ratio, my car's tranny throws a P0733 code which is "Gear ratio error in 3rd". When that happens, the service manual says to check the pinion factor in the FCM to verify that it is set properly for the actual ...
The '06 Charger service manual. Without changing the gear ratio, my car's tranny throws a P0733 code which is "Gear ratio error in 3rd". When that happens, the service manual says to check the pinion factor in the FCM to verify that it is set properly for the actual ...
- Thu May 13, 2010 1:34 pm
- Forum: Predator Dodge Gas
- Topic: Help needed reprogramming axle ratio
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4354
RE: Help needed reprogramming axle ratio
I'm confused. If the tire size & axle ratio data is stored in the FCM, what is changing in the PCM to affect those parameters?mikel wrote:We only talk to the PCM in these cars.
- Wed May 12, 2010 10:26 pm
- Forum: Predator Dodge Gas
- Topic: Help needed reprogramming axle ratio
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4354
RE: Re: RE: Help needed reprogramming axle ratio
Which module is being updated by the Quick Adjust for axle ratio - ECM,TCM or FCM?
How about for the Shift Firmness?
Thanks.
How about for the Shift Firmness?
Thanks.
- Tue May 11, 2010 6:42 pm
- Forum: Predator Dodge Gas
- Topic: Help needed reprogramming axle ratio
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4354
Re: RE: Help needed reprogramming axle ratio
I know that. That is why I am asking how the Dodge dealer can modify the ratio so it will be a "factory" setting.mikel wrote:If you use the pred to set the axle ratio in that car, it will be married to that car, and will not be able ot be used in the 2nd car without paying $129 to unlock it.
- Tue May 11, 2010 4:32 pm
- Forum: Predator Dodge Gas
- Topic: Help needed reprogramming axle ratio
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4354
Help needed reprogramming axle ratio
Here's the deal. I have a 2006 Chgr R/T R&T that I swapped the rear end to one from an SRT (3.06 ratio). I will be selling this car but want to keep my Predator for use in the 2006 SRT I just bought! I need to reset the axle ratio in the R/T to 3.06 so the car's new owner doesn't need to rely on the ...
- Sat May 08, 2010 4:56 pm
- Forum: Predator Dodge Gas
- Topic: Idle fluctuation and fan always on high speed
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2491
RE: Idle fluctuation and fan always on high speed
I don't know what menu options you have for the '09 fans but the 7135 menu for my '06 has 9 different settings that can be adjusted. There are fan setting for high MPH (above 15mph) and for low MPH (below 15mph). It sounds like your high mph HS fan is set for a low temperature value so as soon as ...
- Sat May 08, 2010 4:43 pm
- Forum: Predator Dodge Gas
- Topic: Gear question
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2462
RE: Gear question
How about just asking your dealer?
They will know the gears have been changed.
They will know it won't run without pcm modifications.
The question is if they'll take issue with you running a modified PCM program/tune... my guess is probably.
Saying "but I only changed the gear ratio" isn't going ...
They will know the gears have been changed.
They will know it won't run without pcm modifications.
The question is if they'll take issue with you running a modified PCM program/tune... my guess is probably.
Saying "but I only changed the gear ratio" isn't going ...
- Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:44 pm
- Forum: Predator Dodge Gas
- Topic: Temperature change with 9r08
- Replies: 16
- Views: 5912
Re: Running warmer
I'm curious - Why you are using the Cool It fan module when you have a Predator that can control the fans?HalsMag wrote:It's for sure running warmer than before.
At 30% throttle, the temps climb.
I'm running a coolit fan mod, and the fans are coming on.
- Sat May 10, 2008 12:13 am
- Forum: Predator Dodge Gas
- Topic: 9r04 shift firmness observation - Diablo feedback pls
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2764
Diablo please give some answers
I haven't heard anything yet. Can you guys help?
- Mon May 05, 2008 8:28 pm
- Forum: Predator Dodge Gas
- Topic: REAR DIFFERENTIAL OPTIONS?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2230
Re: REAR DIFFERENTIAL OPTIONS?
I remember seeing 3.07 as a option in Predator. I belive this is the same as the AWD. Can the AWD ring and pinion be used in a RWD?
To answer your question - The AWD rear gears are smaller (198mm) than the RWD V8 gears (210mm and 215mm). The AWD housings are smaller since they are only designed to ...
To answer your question - The AWD rear gears are smaller (198mm) than the RWD V8 gears (210mm and 215mm). The AWD housings are smaller since they are only designed to ...
- Mon May 05, 2008 8:14 pm
- Forum: Predator Dodge Gas
- Topic: Turning off the EGR
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3247
Re: RE: Turning off the EGR
That makes perfect sense.johan wrote:I will not as even it it did the trims would bring it back to stoich and egr is not functional at wot(open loop).
- Sun May 04, 2008 4:01 pm
- Forum: Predator Dodge Gas
- Topic: 9r04 shift firmness observation - Diablo feedback pls
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2764
9r04 shift firmness observation - Diablo feedback pls
I jumped from version 8r18 to 9r04 and easily noticed a decrease in the shift firmness. I've tried the quick adjust mode to increase the firmness more than once to make sure it programmed the change. It still feels more like the stock 1-2 shift. It is a quick two-step shift rather than the single ...