Board index Trinity Technical Discussion General Trinity analog plug input question...

analog plug input question...

General Trinity Support

Moderator: mikel

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:39 pm

Hey guys...

I got a trinity for my 06 SRT Magnum. I want to hook up my innovate LC1 wideband to it and found a 2.5 mm stereo plug to use from Ebay... Problem is that the plug doesn't come apart like this one. It seems to be solid...

So which band is what? In this diagram it shows the way to wire it if the plug came apart. If I knew which band is what then I can figure out the wires coming out of my plug. I'm thinking the bottom band next to the base is the ground but im not willing to risk it and short something out... TIA

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:30 am

Using the above picture (left to right) < TIP | RING | SHAFT =
TIP = Analog 1
RING = Analog 2
SHAFT = Common Ground

If using the 4wire cable:
TIP = Analog 1 = RED
RING = Analog 2 = White
SHAFT = Common Ground = Green/Black
Last edited by jimb on Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:16 pm

Thanks for the reply... I should be logging by lunch tomorrow... lol

Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:42 pm

One wire is for analog 1, the other is for analog 2. Ground is always needed. The O2 sensor in the vehicle from the factory is a narrowband.
The apostrophe does not mean "Look out, here comes an S"!

"I couldn't care less" means it is impossible to care less - "I could care less" just makes you look stupid.

Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:25 am

Great thread here guys. Put my digi-plug to use yesterday.
LC1 - trinity working well.

I used the RED wire from the digiplug to the BROWN wire from the LC1 and utilized Channel 2.
The bigger black wire (ground) was added to the rest of the ground connections.

My only notes so far - the afr seems to fluctuate a tad faster/more than the db gauge - might be due to sample rate?
The other issue is that while monitoring, it seems to HALT DATA Stream after about 4-5 mins.

Thoughts?

Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:46 am

PaCharger_ wrote:
Great thread here guys. Put my digi-plug to use yesterday.
LC1 - trinity working well.

I used the RED wire from the digiplug to the BROWN wire from the LC1 and utilized Channel 2.
The bigger black wire (ground) was added to the rest of the ground connections.

My only notes so far - the afr seems to fluctuate a tad faster/more than the db gauge - might be due to sample rate?
The other issue is that while monitoring, it seems to HALT DATA Stream after about 4-5 mins.

Thoughts?
what revision?

Are you logging OBDII data with the analog input?
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Post Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:09 am

Okay, after further review - I realized analog 2 was black wire.
I used Channel two and plugged in the 7.35 to 22.39 as the voltage range.
havent seen the halt data stream again - so that seems good.

After some logged runs - i still note that if is fluctuating more than the db gauge.
I've rechecked grounds to rule that out.

Any best practices or suggestions Mike? Oh, and I'm on v07 - i've reloaded it to get the graphics etc...
Wondering if I shouldn't flash it back to 06 and try the afr/lc1?? Thoughts?

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:34 am

Guys, Hope this is a good place to continue the conversation, if not I can start another thread.
The Analog connection to the the Trinity from the LC1 is rock solid. Brown wire from LC1 to BLACK wire on digi plug. Ground to ground. Plugged in and set up ANALOG 2 on CHANNEL 2 using 7.35 for 0 volt and 22.39 for 5 volt.
Works well - with one small exception.

The afr on the trinity is MUCH jumpier than the DB Gauge and what I had been recording using another Tuning software/hardware.
Now - I'm not giving up here, so.... I know i can go into the LC1 and slow the sample rate - may do that next. But last night I tried a 100uF capacitor and 100ohm resistor to quiet the "noise" and take some peaks out of the signal going to the Trinity.

It was a fail/good turnout. The signal got MUCH more stable - which we need if we plan on using the dataviewer afr data for tuning. But - the range was reporting at 8.44 to 8.47afr...so eh. Passive Filter may not be the option.

Here's a vid of the db gauge vs the AFR on Trinity http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrrrrGZY_go
Here's a sample datalog - the yellow line is the afr

Post Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:06 am

HarrisonZ wrote:
I know what you mean about the log jumping all around like a fat kid wanting a cupcake. When I looked at mine in the DV program, it was crazy.

Once i altered the sample rate from the LC1 - it was fixed. no more bouncing afr line :)

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:09 pm

PaCharger_ wrote:
HarrisonZ wrote:
I know what you mean about the log jumping all around like a fat kid wanting a cupcake. When I looked at mine in the DV program, it was crazy.

Once i altered the sample rate from the LC1 - it was fixed. no more bouncing afr line :)

Hey Patcharger!

So is the Capacitor and Resistor really necessary as well as changing the sample rate on the LC-1 to make the logging more stable when logging from the LC-1 on the Trinity or do I just need to change the sample rate on the LC-1? I just installed the Trinity and LC-1 today and will be doing some logging? What sample rate setting are you using on the LC-1 bro? How accurate is your A/F gauage you setup on one of your analog inputs on the Trinity compared to the acutal Innovate Wideband Gauage you have? Just curious..

Thanks!

Jose

Post Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:24 am

Knuckles wrote:
PaCharger_ wrote:
HarrisonZ wrote:

Hey Patcharger!

So is the Capacitor and Resistor really necessary as well as changing the sample rate on the LC-1 to make the logging more stable when logging from the LC-1 on the Trinity or do I just need to change the sample rate on the LC-1? I just installed the Trinity and LC-1 today and will be doing some logging? What sample rate setting are you using on the LC-1 bro? How accurate is your A/F gauage you setup on one of your analog inputs on the Trinity compared to the acutal Innovate Wideband Gauage you have? Just curious..

Thanks!

Jose

Jose,

let me be clear...the resistor/capacitor isn't necessary - it was my effort to overcomplicate this :)

the LC1 I hooked the brown wire to the black wire on the digikey cord above.
I slowed the sample rate down in LMProgrammer to the 1/24 or 1/12 rate, can't remember (it's the very first on on the left). voila....DONE, problem solved and is awesome for logging, tuning, etc......

Hope this helps

Doug

Post Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:15 pm

PaCharger_ wrote:
Knuckles wrote:
PaCharger_ wrote:
HarrisonZ wrote:

Hey Patcharger!

Thanks!

Jose

Jose,

let me be clear...the resistor/capacitor isn't necessary - it was my effort to overcomplicate this :)

I slowed the sample rate down in LMProgrammer to the 1/24 or 1/12 rate, can't remember (it's the very first on on the left). voila....DONE, problem solved and is awesome for logging, tuning, etc......

Hope this helps

Doug

Thanks man!!! Yeah did my 2nd log today and the 1st one last night and the it does bounce arount a bit. Will give these settings a try and load that LM Programmer software on my Laptop tonite or tomorrow. Thanks again! So far I love this New Trinity and have all my Gauges setup for logging. I also loaded a whole bunch of tunes, logs and a Dash layout on a SDHC card( formatted FAT32) and it looks like all you can see is the tunes on the card and nothing else. So this is useful when loading a tune on and off the car by just loading it to the SDHC card and then plugging it in to the Trinity. Cool bro! One thing I did not try is when I save a log to be able to store it to the SDHC Card that way I never have to take the Trinity of my Beast and all I would do is use the SDHC card to and from the laptop.

Jose

Post Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:21 pm

Knuckles wrote:
PaCharger_ wrote:
Knuckles wrote:
PaCharger_ wrote:
HarrisonZ wrote:

Hey Patcharger!

Thanks!

Jose

Jose,

Hope this helps

Doug

Thanks man!!! Yeah did my 2nd log today and the 1st one last night and the it does bounce arount a bit. Will give these settings a try and load that LM Programmer software on my Laptop tonite or tomorrow. Thanks again! So far I love this New Trinity and have all my Gauges setup for logging. I also loaded a whole bunch of tunes, logs and a Dash layout on a SDHC card( formatted FAT32) and it looks like all you can see is the tunes on the card and nothing else. So this is useful when loading a tune on and off the car by just loading it to the SDHC card and then plugging it in to the Trinity. Cool bro! One thing I did not try is when I save a log to be able to store it to the SDHC Card that way I never have to take the Trinity of my Beast and all I would do is use the SDHC card to and from the laptop.

Jose
so...are you saving files to the SD card in the Trinity?
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Post Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:24 pm

Mike,

I didn't think it worked, but havent tried it. My Trinity never leaves the holder, i simply wire up between runs, datalogs, etc..
Download time is quick etc....

If the SD card worked, that would be AWESOME!! I hate wires :)

Next

Return to General Trinity