EGR Delete

General Trinity Support

Moderator: mikel

amw

EGR Delete

Post by amw »

Just wondering if the Trinity has the EGR delete function for '05-'08 Jeeps.

Thanks
Mike_Levy

RE: EGR Delete

Post by Mike_Levy »

Nope, not legal. They can't put it on any of the tuners. Its a federal crime to mess with any emissions equipment.
amw

Post by amw »

Not everyone is using thier rigs on the street;) in addition, i'm swapping out my '06 intake manifold for the Eagle and it does not have EGR.

This would be an off-road application and I know that the Predator has had this function, due to others using it.
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

The Predator does not. A CMR dealer can do it.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

correct ^ ^ ^

that functionality was removed from the predator/trinity due to EPA regulations...

you'd need to get a custom tune from a diablo CMR tuner in order to have that stuff disabled...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
JCC300C

Post by JCC300C »

So what it boils down to is this:

If you a lowly little shit that can only afford a Pred ot trinity like me, then removing an EGR is illegal,

However if my credit card has an available balance of $2500, well then that's a different story, apparently the price to be above that paticular law is a scant 2500, not bad considering what it costs to get out of a DUI.

Diablo Sport should be embaressed.
mikel

Re: RE: EGR Delete

Post by mikel »

JCC300C wrote:So what it boils down to is this:

If you a lowly little shit that can only afford a Pred ot trinity like me, then removing an EGR is illegal,

However if my credit card has an available balance of $2500, well then that's a different story, apparently the price to be above that paticular law is a scant 2500, not bad considering what it costs to get out of a DUI.

Diablo Sport should be embaressed.
Sir, in your other post you mentioned that maybe you should have read more before you made a purchase, well in this case, you should re-read this thread.
Nobody said you need to buy a $2500 software package to disable EGR. What was said was that any CMR dealer with our software can easily write you a custom tune to disable EGR. Anyone that posts up here about the issue and comes across in a good manner, generally finds a tune to fix it in their inbox 10 minutes later anyhow...

In NO way should we be embarrassed about the fact that we are complying with federal standards set by the EPA by not offering the ability to disable emissions controlled devices through the handheld units. Not at all.

I hope you understand whats going on here now, and hopefully you'll see this issue in a new light.

Thanks
Mike
Mike Litsch
Holley Technical Sales Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
JCC300C

RE: Re: RE: EGR Delete

Post by JCC300C »

It just seems like you are picking your spots. You are following the law for your lower end products, but the law is not binding to your high end software package? I just think any kind of response from Diablo in teh form of an "Off road" tune that still includes the option or a single user license for CMR priced within reason.

I have worked in information technology for 16 years, watching the big companies like microsoft do things like this, lock the good features up in licensing that only the top end can afford. Know what happens to Microsoft software, people get pissed off and it gets hacked. Then you got a bit torrent tracker going and it's all over until you start your code from scratch and the cycle begins again. I'm not trying to demonize DS here, I'm just sharing my experiences watching companies try to squeez a litttle too hard and their IP slips right through.

Since I am sure your not going to work out a way for my shop to finish the half dozen or so HEMI EGR knock offs we have on the books, but it will get done one way or the other, I'll go sit out there with a multi meter a box of resistors and a desktop power supply until I can replicate teh 2 or 3 signals an EGR sends, it's just a shame that there was a button.

And although i realize it's profitable for you to let several vendors who sell these egr block off kits keep "Diablo Sport Predator required" right next to the item description it's not gonna work when it shows up.
Mike_Levy

RE: Re: RE: EGR Delete

Post by Mike_Levy »

Why don't you just stay legal and keep the EGR intact?

Theres a reason they installed EGR on the Hemi's. DCX wouldn't have spent the money on it if they didn't have to.
mikel

Re: RE: Re: RE: EGR Delete

Post by mikel »

JCC300C wrote:It just seems like you are picking your spots. You are following the law for your lower end products, but the law is not binding to your high end software package? I just think any kind of response from Diablo in teh form of an "Off road" tune that still includes the option or a single user license for CMR priced within reason.

I have worked in information technology for 16 years, watching the big companies like microsoft do things like this, lock the good features up in licensing that only the top end can afford. Know what happens to Microsoft software, people get pissed off and it gets hacked. Then you got a bit torrent tracker going and it's all over until you start your code from scratch and the cycle begins again. I'm not trying to demonize DS here, I'm just sharing my experiences watching companies try to squeez a litttle too hard and their IP slips right through.

Since I am sure your not going to work out a way for my shop to finish the half dozen or so HEMI EGR knock offs we have on the books, but it will get done one way or the other, I'll go sit out there with a multi meter a box of resistors and a desktop power supply until I can replicate teh 2 or 3 signals an EGR sends, it's just a shame that there was a button.

And although i realize it's profitable for you to let several vendors who sell these egr block off kits keep "Diablo Sport Predator required" right next to the item description it's not gonna work when it shows up.
You also cant dial in big cams with a Predator, or a stroker, or a blower, they all require our CMR software.

Again, call a CMR dealer sir, I think you'll be amazed to find someone will likely do all of your EGR delete tunes for like $79 a piece...we are not doing this to rip anyone off.
Mike Litsch
Holley Technical Sales Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
concoursd

Post by concoursd »

JCC300C wrote:It just seems like you are picking your spots. You are following the law for your lower end products, but the law is not binding to your high end software package? I just think any kind of response from Diablo in teh form of an "Off road" tune that still includes the option or a single user license for CMR priced within reason.

The "high end software package" you are referring to is just software. It was not meant for you to purchase for one vehicle. It is meant for a business that tunes vehicles to use. It is up to the user/tuner to disable these features. Since this software is in the hands of a third party and and can be used for legal off-road race tuning, then the liability is transferred to the CMR tuner, and not with diablosport.
kulitxplod

Post by kulitxplod »

concoursd wrote:

The "high end software package" you are referring to is just software. It was not meant for you to purchase for one vehicle. It is meant for a business that tunes vehicles to use. It is up to the user/tuner to disable these features. Since this software is in the hands of a third party and and can be used for legal off-road race tuning, then the liability is transferred to the CMR tuner, and not with diablosport.
JCC300C.....

Ok, so that means this......$2500 divided by $79 equals 31.6 and change....so thay means it will take you roughly 33 or 34 custom tunes on your customers to make up the price, counting shipping and handling.......Unless you get free shipping on the software. Man, I see why some charge $100 a pop, make up the difference sooner.
rammingspeed

Re: EGR Delete

Post by rammingspeed »

So I know this thread is older now but has the intune i1000 come out with an update for the egr delete or is that still something I need to have a shop do.

2002 4.6 Mustang GT
Borla cat back
Diablo insport i1000
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

no man. can NOT disable any emissions related items at all with the tools.. never.. EPA regulations.. if you want that done, you'd have to get a custom tune done.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
rammingspeed

Post by rammingspeed »

Alright i was pretty sure but i had to actually verify myself thankyou