Moderator: mikel

mikel

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Post by mikel »

When posting in the Trinity support forums, please include:
Make, model and year of vehicle
software revision on the Trinity
specific information relating to any issue or question you may have

This will allow us to assist you more efficiently.
Thanks
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
baldsmurf

RE: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Post by baldsmurf »

I have a 2010 Chevy C6 Corvette with the automatic trans and I recently put different rims and tires. When I calibrated the speedometer all of my data does not agree. For example my speedometer will read 55mph, my GPS will read 55mph, the speed traps I go through will read 55mph, but my Trinity display will read 53mph. If the value is taken from the ECM should I calibrate the tires to get the readout on the Trinity accurate to my actual speed? My biggest concern is the traction assist, ABS, ect...ect... if the ECM is not getting the right numbers it will not be able to compensate accurately in adverse driving conditions. Do you have any suggestions?
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Something isn't right. The Trinity has no way to get its own data. Anything it displays is what it gets from the ECU. So if the Trinity is reading wrong, then so it the ECU. Did you use the tire size or diameter when you calibrated?
baldsmurf

Post by baldsmurf »

I use the diameter of the tire after I measure the roll out. Once I get in the ballpark I will drive it and compare the speedo to my gps, or speed trap. Then I will fine tune it to get the very closest match. I have never had good results using the using the tire size application so I always took the extra time to figure the roll out. I went a 1/2 inch in each direction just to see if I could get it dead on but it never matched up. Like I said before I have it set where the speedo mirrors the gps and speed traps. I have an OTC scan tool but its at my dads house. When I go home for Christmas I was going to hook it up and see what it reads. I just cant imagine why the speedo reads correctly but the digital signal is off.
1stopautoandrv

Re: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Post by 1stopautoandrv »

is the trinity vehicle specific ?
mikel

Post by mikel »

No...
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
Alsbar

Post by Alsbar »

Where can I find information on what the parameter values mean? I have looked all over this site, and through the forums. Nothing detailed about what each setting does. Some things are obvious, but others are not.
I love this product even more than the one that was in my 2002 Silverado for ten years, but I want information so I can fine-tune my truck.

Thanks.

-Al

2012 RAM 1500, Magnaflow cat-back, Airraid dry media intake kit.
BryanMcnasty1967

Post by BryanMcnasty1967 »

2011 ram 1500
volant cai
corsa db exhaust
trinity

i may be an idiot or just used to my bully dog on my 07 ram but i cant do a custom tune or cant figure out how to even start the process of custom tuning
GilaRider

Post by GilaRider »

I have a new Trinity T-1000. It has never been on a vehicle. When I run your DSDownloader it asks me to register the unit, so when I say yes after enter the information, I get the following message:

An error occurred contacting www.diablosport.com (Connect Error: Invalid port). Are you connected to the internet? Are you running a firewall on your PC?

Next I get this: XML parsing error: 'syntax error' at line 1

Obviously I'm connected to the internet, or I wouldn't be posting this message, and there is no firewall. Also, my Trinity says, "This tool is now under remote control...". I registered the Trinity here on your web site, and received an email from you stating I had registered an inTune i2, which I don't have, yet it still wants me to register it through the DSDownloader. The downloader also wants me to update it, which doesn't work. Your DataViewer appears to be functioning properly.

What are the problems, and how do I get then fixed. This thing will not be connected to my Challenger until everything is functioning perfectly.