Invisible gauge layouts on Trinity

General Trinity Support

Moderator: mikel

nuke

Invisible gauge layouts on Trinity

Post by nuke »

When I use the Trinity to view real-time data or log it to a log file, I only have a choice of 3 gauge layouts to choose from when initiating the view/logging behavior. However, if I pull the Trinity out of the car and plug into my laptop to use the DSDL utility, I can see many, many more gauge layouts are on the device.

And I can even copy them off onto my PC if I want, and I can make changes and copy them back to the Trinity (using the DSDL explorer tab). But no matter what I try, I still can only see 3 gauge layouts when I start up the Trinity and try to monitor real-time data or log it to a log file.

I don't know if it is significant or not, but originally I only had 1 gauge layout visible to choose on the device when in my car. But I used the device to make changes to that one, saved it with a new name (twice), and those are the extras I can now see/choose beyond the original 1.

How can I get the Trinity to see all the other gauge layouts saved internally?
mikel

Re: Invisible gauge layouts on Trinity

Post by mikel »

the layouts are tied to a vehicle selection, so yo uhave to select the year/make/model that was selected when that dash was created/saved.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
nuke

Re: Invisible gauge layouts on Trinity

Post by nuke »

mikel wrote:the layouts are tied to a vehicle selection, so yo uhave to select the year/make/model that was selected when that dash was created/saved.
@mikel - thanks for the response, but I don't think I follow...and I don't want to ask you to clarify, as I am not certain we are talking about the same thing.

Let me back up and try this: I want to record some datalogs, but it seems exceedingly difficult to do that with my Trinity device. I used to have an inTune on a previous Challenger, and datalogging was a breeze. I started a new log, chose the PIDs I wanted or used the default ones already selected, and started the recording process to create the log. Once done, I stopped recording and it saved the log on the device.

But with the Trinity, I only have 1 option with defaults to use in recording the datalogs - (07_HEMI_UP iirc). So I can use that gauge layout with its defaulted PIDs, or I can modify it to use for logging, or create a whole new one from scratch and use that to record my datalog, I would use the one default except it does not have many useful PIDs, and adding all the ones I want will take forever. Why aren't there more default gauge layouts available without someone(me) creating them first?

I am able to find many more default gauge layouts when I view the device's memory while tethered to my PC. I believe those should be available on the device's menu when I choose to begin logging, but they are not visible on the logging screen for whatever reason. Any idea what that is or how I can fix it?

Ultimately, I can just start from scratch or modify the one available, but that will require some time to get right, and I was hoping to start logging now with one of the standard templates.

thanks,
Nuke