Board index Trinity Technical Discussion General Trinity Screen died(mostly) T1000

Screen died(mostly) T1000

General Trinity Support

Moderator: mikel

Post Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:48 am

Unfortunately we haven't sold this device in almost 2 years and we no longer have repair parts for them at this time.

You can trade it in toward a new T2 or any device we offer for a discount if you wish.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:12 pm

I have to tell you I’m so disappointed I also have a Trinity T1000, I’ve literally use the unit three times and pulled it out of the protective cover I store it in to read an engine code the other day and the LCD is lit no lights on the side after they initially blink but the LCD just stays lit and it’s black..

The unit does the exact same thing when plugged into a USB port and the computer does not recognize it

I’ve called technical support three times now and I just get all the unit is old well like others I paid over $800 for this thing in 2017 and it’s useless now I’ve never abused it and like I said above barely used it and all you offer me is a 25% discount to spend even more money for another unit..

Frankly this is just absolutely terrible I think you should stand behind your product a little bit more than this.

Come on guys this almost looks like a common issue on these forms what’s wrong with these units there’s no reason they should just all of a sudden die like this and yes I’ve tried like many others holding the left directional button down with the circle before powering on and that doesn’t work according to your technical support unless there’s a solid red light

I sure hope you’ll help me out with this and others that invested so much money in a product that just prematurely dies even with no usage like myself.

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:21 pm

ryanleeis wrote:
I have to tell you I’m so disappointed I also have a Trinity T1000, I’ve literally use the unit three times and pulled it out of the protective cover I store it in to read an engine code the other day and the LCD is lit no lights on the side after they initially blink but the LCD just stays lit and it’s black..

The unit does the exact same thing when plugged into a USB port and the computer does not recognize it

I’ve called technical support three times now and I just get all the unit is old well like others I paid over $800 for this thing in 2017 and it’s useless now I’ve never abused it and like I said above barely used it and all you offer me is a 25% discount to spend even more money for another unit..

Frankly this is just absolutely terrible I think you should stand behind your product a little bit more than this.

Come on guys this almost looks like a common issue on these forms what’s wrong with these units there’s no reason they should just all of a sudden die like this and yes I’ve tried like many others holding the left directional button down with the circle before powering on and that doesn’t work according to your technical support unless there’s a solid red light

I sure hope you’ll help me out with this and others that invested so much money in a product that just prematurely dies even with no usage like myself.

try this:

hold down the 'right' directional button and power it up while holding the button.
Let it go through the whole sequence and see if it boots to the vehicle selection menu.
if so, connect it to the dsdl software and let it update.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040x4

Post Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:08 am

Thanks for the response but that didn’t work either when it is plugged in to the computer the Trinity looks like it is trying to power up by the indicating lights on the side kinda starts from the top and the lights work their way down . Then they just go off no lights on and the lcd back light is lit but it’s just a black screen

Post Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:50 pm

??

Post Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:54 am

Well what do I do now

Post Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:26 pm

been a while since i did this, i think I misspoke.
Repeat the process holding the 'left' directional button.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040x4

Post Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:59 pm

Same thing didn’t work now what ?

Post Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:50 pm

?

Post Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:09 pm

Best option is to trade it in toward a new device at this point.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040x4

Post Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:16 pm

Trade how does that work cause I paid quite a bit of money for this and have hardly even used it . There really is no reason why a product should shit the bed when it wasn’t even used

Post Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:50 pm

????

Post Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:53 pm

we provide a discount on new devices if you trade in any older device. A new T2 is about $470 down from $599 for example.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040x4

Post Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:04 am

are you for real.. I haven't even used this Trinity hardly.. and its never been abused.. and now there is no way to fix it so that it works.. what the heck is wrong with it.. and why the heck would anyone think that is a good deal to trade and pay more money.. is the trinity 2 defective too? this is crazy.. id like a manager to contact me.. this in NO way is fair.. obviously the trinity 1 was a Poor DEFECTIVE design right out of the gate.. I paid over 800 after taxes for this thing and literally used it 3 times.. once with a high octane tune one to take it to factory one to go to the low octane tune and now it doesn't work and is stuck in my vehicle. I just want it fixed.. or surely someone can do something better for me then just a Darn Trade?

Ryan

Post Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:09 pm

Ryan, I apologize but this device is older and we haven't sold them in the past couple years. The warranty period is well out on any of these devices and we were unable to source replacement parts which is an unfortunate situation in the world of electronics manufacturing.
Its hard to say why this device has failed, but it not to say they are defective. Like any electronic device, they are susceptible to many things that can cause problems.
I can assure you there are still 1000s of functional T1000 devices being used in the field today, unfortunately we have no means of offering repairs on them at this time.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040x4

Return to General Trinity