2006 Dodge 5.9L - Increase in power and Fuel Economy

PowerPuck/Extreme PowerPuck Support

Moderator: mikel

dlucy

2006 Dodge 5.9L - Increase in power and Fuel Economy

Post by dlucy »

Just installed my new Exrteme Power Puck. I need facts only (please).

Results are as follows. After highway cruise at 100 Kms/hr., Results were recorded at counter clockwise (off), half way (50%) and Clockwise (100%). Each dial setting was recorded aftr 5 kms or distance and on 4 seperate times at each switch position. C.C. procedure was recorded in separate directections of travel to account for wind direction.

1. Without the Power puck 12.5L/100Kms.

2. Power Puck 'Dial' turned completley counter clockwise results in the worst feul economy but still an increase from factory (without the puck) from 12.5L/100Kms to 10.3L/100Kms.

3. Power Puck 'Dial' turned 'Half way'. Results of feul economy increase from 10.3L/100Kms to to 9.6L/100Kms.

4. Power Puck 'Dial' turned full "clockwise'. Results of feul economy increase from 9.6L/100Kms to to 8.7L/100Kms.

What changes to the motor does this product do to optain fuel encomy increase?

What changes does does this product do to increase the H.P.?

Why doesnt seem to make sense to increase fueld ecomomy with the increased power?

Give me an explanation with facts (only)?

Thanks
mikel

RE: 2006 Dodge 5.9L - Increase in power and Fuel Economy

Post by mikel »

Pretty much any time you increase power on a diesel, you are making it more efficient, which results in economy gains.

You are able to accelerate the same way you did before with less throttle input.
You can maintain highway speed with less throttle input.
Both of these lead to less fuel consumption :)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com