2003 Lightning MAFia

MAF.i.a Support

Moderator: mikel

Nine

2003 Lightning MAFia

Post by Nine »

I have a K&N intake system, with a CycloneFuelSaver that fits perfectly into it, and a LFP Big Mouth Single Blade Throttle Body for my lightning. I found that the parts worked well together but it seemed like I was getting lag from my stock air flow sencer and it seemed it was not correcting it right...

I got the MAFia to hopefully correct the lag I was getting... I later found out it is mostly made for when you up the PSI boost past 10... I figered I would hook it in and put the stock setting in... and also try the 5 percent lean and 5 percent rich settings... figered why not...

I found that the lean setting seemed to work really well... The rich seemed almost heavy and the gas just seemed to sink as I hit the gas...

I found the the 5% lean seemed to work really well and even more power... I was looking up and reading some stuff on running lean. I found alot of people where saying that it over heats the engine and is hard on the parts inside...

I did test it at night in hawaii which is alot cooler then the day... but the lean seemed to work great...

I am wondering about damage... or if it was the parts that made it run well even though it was 5% lean... I am really mixed up on this...

Mike
mikel

RE: 2003 Lightning MAFia

Post by mikel »

Ummm...what the heck is a cyclone fuel saver, and why did you not think to remove it first...it has NO place in a 380 HP supercharged performance truck.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Nine

Post by Nine »

The Cyclone is just a piece that goes in the intake that spins the air... In theary... I figered it was free... for some reason it came in the truck when i bought it second hand... I put it in and then out... It actually seemed to make a little difference so I left it in... So if I took it out or left it in what do you think about my question...

Here is a link to the Website... if you wanted to look at the cyclone thing... I was on the fence many times of taking it out but you can feel a difference with it in... although not much...

http://secure.272.com/272/cyclone/qna.php

Mike
mikel

Post by mikel »

Well, I'd still say get rid of the gizmo, its prolly hurting more than it is helping.

Best bet here is to get the truck to a dyno and check the A/F at idle and at WOT to be sure all is well, the Mafia should not be used as a tuning aid, better to make actual adjustments to the tune throught the Predator.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Nine

Post by Nine »

Thank you for the info... I was thinking the Predator is the way to go... I do have one other problem... I am in Hawaii on the main island and there is no Diablo Sports custom tunners... Do I just take to a place an Dyno tune anywhere... Get some help doing it...

Mike
kmac1

Post by kmac1 »

You might want to try our dealer locator and if that doesn't get you anything I am sure one of our dealers here in the USA could email tune for you.

Kev
Kevin MacDonald
Calibration
www.jpcracing.com

For DiabloSport Tech Support: support@diablosport.com