CMR Updates

CMR Support

Moderator: mikel

jimb

CMR Updates

Post by jimb »

CMR has been going through gradual migration to a newer MSFT Visual Studio tool kit. In order to make the newer release work on WinXP and Win7, Here are some installation hints:

1. Install the base 4.7.0.92a release. This full release creates the folders and populates it with a basic set of ORI's, Calfiles, templates, etc.

2. Make sure you can properly register with the CMR database on our website.

3. Install the 4.8.0.8 Update. (It uses the newer MSFT tool kit).

4. IF are not using the most recent version of DSDL (2225) or Dataviewer (3307); You MUST install the VC2005 Runtime Libs to make 4.8.0.8 work.
reevesauto

Can't update to newer version of CMR software

Post by reevesauto »

I'm using the 4.6.2.0 version of Chipmaster Revolution. Every time I try and update to any later version, the software seems to install ok but when you click on the desktop icon it creates, it goes nowhere. I've uninstalled and re-installed many times now and still no joy. How do I get rid of the older version and install the newer version and make it functional? Thanks
06MonteSS

RE: Can

Post by 06MonteSS »

completely remove/uninstall that older 4620 version CMR...

reboot...

download and install the newer 47092a FULL install package...

reboot...

then download and install the 4808 update....
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
reevesauto

Post by reevesauto »

Stilll no joy. The program just won't open. I did exactly as you said, but the hourglass just keeps turning and then it quits. If I right click on the Chipmaster icon and tell it to run as, it will open, ask me to register and then tell me to close the program and open it again. Of course, the next time I click on it, it won't open again. It's very frustrating because we need to use this computer for the Predator and tuning (our other computer works fine with the program but doesn't have a serial port and we can't seem to find a USB to serial adapter that will work). Any help will be appreciated as we need this program updated on this computer. thanks!
mikel

Post by mikel »

Most all of our customers are using USB to serial cables. If you cant get a driver to work, we can help.

if you right click on the icon, and choose open, and it opens, I'm guessing its an issue with the shortcut that keeps it from opening when you 2x click the icon.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
reevesauto

Post by reevesauto »

It opens when I right click, but it makes me go thru the registration process EVERY time I use that and then requires me to restart it. When I restart it, if I don't use the right click "run as", then it won't open. If I DO use the right click "run as", I have to go thru the registration again. It's an endless cycle. As for the USB to serial adapter, we have the correct drivers, even used the ones you have on your site, but when we open DS Downloader, it just searches and searches and searches and never finds the tool (Predator).
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

for the usb cable not finding the predator....

check the port settings for the cable in the Windows Device Manager...

hook up the cable and predator to your pc...

go into Windows Device Manager...

go to the com ports section.. find your cable listing.. double click on it to bring up the properties window...

go to the Ports tab...

make sure bits per second is set to 115200...

click the Advanced button..

make sure the com port is set to 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5...

click on OK on all the windows to exit out...

start up DSDownloader, go to options, make sure Auto Connect is selected...

should be good to go...

also, check the predator to see if you have a baud rate setting... would be under Options - Baud Rate... if you have it, then go into it and set it to 115,200...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
mikel

Re: RE: Can

Post by mikel »

reevesauto wrote:It opens when I right click, but it makes me go thru the registration process EVERY time I use that and then requires me to restart it. When I restart it, if I don't use the right click "run as", then it won't open. If I DO use the right click "run as", I have to go thru the registration again. It's an endless cycle. As for the USB to serial adapter, we have the correct drivers, even used the ones you have on your site, but when we open DS Downloader, it just searches and searches and searches and never finds the tool (Predator).
If you are trying to find a Tuner series tool (U7/8/9000) they will not auto connect, you have to use legacy connect on DSDL and tell it where it is.

Sounds like you may have a registry issue with CMR. I can see you last registered it on 10/12/11. If it keeps asking you to register it on that machine, there may be a registry or permissions issue keeping you from adding the registry info to the PC.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
06MonteSS

RE: Re: RE: Can

Post by 06MonteSS »

if you're using Vista or Win7, make sure you disable the UAC crap for your user account.. and make sure your user account is an Administrator account...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
reevesauto

Post by reevesauto »

Mike, your response about the registry got me thinking. I'm pretty comfortable using regedit, so I went in, uninstalled every bit of Chipmaster Revolution and it's associated programs and then tweaked it out of the registry as well. After a reboot, I reinstalled the 4.7.0.9.a and then updated to 4.8.0.8. It all seems to be functional now!! Thanks so much! I will look into the settings re the USB-Serial adapter and DS Downloader. Hopefully I can get that resolved as well.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Good deal, hope that was it ;)
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
reevesauto

Post by reevesauto »

I've tried the USB to serial port adapter again and still no luck. I have been to the device manager and the com port is set to 5 and the bits to 115,200. On the tool, the serial baud is also set to 115,200. I have tried both auto connect and legacy connect and it still can't find the tool. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall and try your drivers again for the Prolific.
mikel

Post by mikel »

What tool is it?

As mentioned, tuner series tools will not auto connect.

You driver is installed if you are seeing the COM port assigned to that cable.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
reevesauto

Post by reevesauto »

The tool is a Predator. I have also tried legacy connect and set the paramters to Com 5 and 115,200. It still never finds it, just keeps searching for tool. I read somewhere that the cable from Radio Shack works well, but they don't carry it anymore. Any other recommendations for the cable?
mikel

Post by mikel »

no...part number my friend, I knew it was a Predator ;)

Please re-read my answers regarding tuner series tools.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com