Custom Tune?

General Tech Support Questions

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

kkriskringle

Custom Tune?

Post by kkriskringle »

I have a 2010 Chevy Camero SS with the LS3 426 engine. I have the Diablo Predator tuner with the three basic tunes on the tuner. I have been very disappointed with the Diablo Tunes. The only one I can use the the 98 Octane and it actually slowed my times down.

I have installed a BBK cold air intake system and a ZEX Nitrous system the one that sprays into my Cold air intake pipe. I also installed colder plugs that were recommended by the ZEX company.

I have the 125hp Shot nozzle.

I was about to toss the Diablo Predator until a friend at the strip told me I can buy a custom tune that will shift my car better and remove the shift limiter and retard the timing so I get into the 12's and possible 11's.

I have a stock exhaust system and nothing else has been changed. I have the stock Automatic tranz with the shift paddles but they do not shift quick enough at the strip. Can you please help me by telling me what do I have to buy to get my Predator tuned from my PC. I do not have the adapter. Can I send it to you and can you put the tune on it for me? I was going to throw it out anyways. Money is no option.

Here are my Stats:
Chevy
Camero
SS
LS3-426
Auto trans
Stock Gear Ratio
Rear tires are 275 /40-20
Nitrous-Naturally Aspirated-Jet is 125hp.
BBK Cold Air Intake
Stock Throttle Body
Stock Intake
Stock Cylinder Heads
Stock Cam
Stock MAS
98 Octane from gas station
Stock Injectors
Stock Pump
Stock Exhaust I think 2inch duel
Stock Cat

Please advise,
JonDiablosport

RE: Custom Tune?

Post by JonDiablosport »

www.diablocustomtuning.com

Our tuner is setup to run your stock motor I believe 6.2l not your upgrade , In your case You should of abtained a custom tune at the same time of your motor install.

above is a link to a cmr tuner who might be able to help you. If not log on to a camaro forum and post a request I am sure someone will chime in and help you.
Diablosport Tech support
JonathanRodriguez@holley.com
p: 561-908-0040
F: 561-908-0048
mikel

Post by mikel »

The LS3 is not a 426, it is a 6.2 liter engine, not sure where the 426 came from...

Also, there is no 98 octane tune, the highest one we offer is 93 octane, you can do some logging to see how the car is reacting to the tune if you like.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

The LS3 is 376ci. The LS7 is a 427, but only comes in the Z06.

The automatic also doesn't have an LS3, it has an L99.

None of the canned tunes will work with nitrous. Nitrous requires timing be pulled, the tunes advance it. Good way to blow up a motor, not a good way to get performance.

:drivingbad: