Board index General Technical Support General Support Decel Pop now Backfires!!

Decel Pop now Backfires!!

General Tech Support Questions

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:18 pm

Since installing axle bck and cai on my 2011 CTS-V Coupe I have had deceleration afterburn (popping) and black soot on exhaust outlets! I bought the Trinity and installed the Diablo canned tune to rid of it but really did not help! Today the decel pop turned into actual backfiring!! I alsotried the 91 Octane tune but same. Checked the cai install , everything is tight, no air getting in.

HELP

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:31 pm

normal tunes wont help that, but we can make you a custom tune to eliminate most of the popping if you post your backup and and tune written files.
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:58 pm

mikel wrote:
normal tunes wont help that, but we can make you a custom tune to eliminate most of the popping if you post your backup and and tune written files.

Not quite sure what you need? The backup is my original OEM backed up by Trinity before installing canned right?
What are "tune written files"?

I loogged cruising files today because I was going send off to get custom tunes for the $135 or whatever it is. Should I hold off and let you rid my decel issues first?

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:51 pm

yes, let them do the decel popping fix for you first ;)

you need to use the dsdownloader program to get the original backup and last tune written tune files exported from the trinity and saved to your pc...

then post them up here...

Saving the original backup tune and current tune (Last Tune Written) to your PC:

1. Make sure you have installed the latest version (2.2.2.6) of the DSDownloader app on your PC.

2. Connect your Predator/Trinity to your PC and power it up, and then run the DSDownloader program.

3. Once you open DSDownloader, click "Options" and make sure there is a check mark next to "Auto Connect".

4. Once Auto Connect is enabled, the DSDL will search for and find your Predator/Trinity on its assigned COM port.

5. Once it finds your Predator/Trinity, you will be taken to the Express Tune page. From the Express Tune page, click "Get tune file from Tool".

6. The DSDownloader will then popup a new window with two choices - Original Backup and Last Tune Written. Click on ORIGINAL BACKUP once to select/highlight it, and then click OK to save it to a location of your choosing on your PC.

7. Your "Original Backup" tune file is now saved to your PC.

8. Now, Repeat the steps above in order to export a copy of the "Last Tune Written" - This "last tune written" tune file is a copy of the current diablo tune you have installed in your vehicle. So, from back at the Express Tune page in the DSDownloader, click "Get tune file from Tool".

9. The DSDownloader will then popup a new window with two choices - Original Backup and Last Tune Written. This time, click on LAST TUNE WRITTEN once to select/highlight it, and then click OK to save it to a location of your choosing on your PC.

10. Now your "Last Tune Written" tune file is also saved to your PC.

11. Then, attach those pcm_original_backup and pcm_last_tune_written files here.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

Post Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:55 pm

Here is the files , Backup, and Last Tune
Attachments
PCM_Last_Tune.grg
PCM LAst Tune
(4.25 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
PCM_Backup.grg
PCM Backup
(59.57 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
Last edited by riderover on Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:04 pm

mikel wrote:

I posted the files , see my latest reply....I did not know if you needed the TCM files so they r there anyway !

Post Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:11 am

Was there a problem with the tunes I uploaded?

Return to General Support