Board index General Technical Support General Support Trinity USB drivers wont install

Trinity USB drivers wont install

General Tech Support Questions

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

Post Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:20 am

I'm using a partitioned MacBook Air so technically running windows 8. I however used vista, XP, and windows 7 to try and install the drivers with no luck. I am getting a msg that says "windows has encountered a problem while installing the driver software and to contact the manufacturer for updated information and help. The remainder of the msg reads:

"The third-party INF does not contain digital signature information"

I have no clue what that means but the DSDownloader and Data Viewer3.3 have both downloaded fine and seem to be in fully working order except I cant get the usb drivers to work so therefore can't connect my Trinity to check that function.

Post Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:46 pm

Windows 8 drivers aren't ready yet. In Windows XP, Vista or 7 you need to run it in Administrator Mode.

Post Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:59 pm

try disabling driver signing...
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Post Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:40 pm

When will the Windows 8 Trinity USB driver be available? I do not have a lower OS level pc available to me at this time.

Post Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:26 am

mikel wrote:
try disabling driver signing...

Yup. That worked for me. Although i had to google to find out how to disable driver signing, later i found that the steps i followed were exactly the ones listed here:
http://www.diablosport.com/download/win ... pport.html

After disabling driver signing, I was able to install the USB drivers for Trinity on Windows 8. Although i had to go to the Devices list, select Trinity and install drivers manually from Program Files location.

Return to General Support