stupid mistake... can you help?

General Tech Support Questions

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

ngc1068

stupid mistake... can you help?

Post by ngc1068 »

I have four Diablosport Predators, one for my Neon SRT4, one for my 2009 Challenger SRT8 with an Edelbrock E-Force supercharger, one for my 08 GMC LMM Duramax and one for my 99 LS1 Vette. I have some experience, but I just made a really stupid mistake.

On the 08 Duramax LMM I decided to switch to an EFI Live with the DSP5 tune selection feature.

Anyway, all is well, but I forgot to take the Diablotune out of my truck before writing in the EFI Live tune. I did use the Autocal to save the tune in my ECU before writing the new EFI Live tune in. I would like to get my Diablosport tuner unmarried, but of course I need to put the Diablotune back in I think.

I've sent Rob an email to see if he thinks I can write the saved file back in my ECU and then suck it back into the Predator, use the predator to flash back my stock tune.

Do you think this will screw anything up? I'm really sorry to bother you after making such a bonehead mistake.

I also have one other question. I have a red Predator that came with my Edelbrock E-Force supercharger for my 2009 SRT8 Dodge Challenger. When I got the supercharger kit, I was unaware that the predator was dumbed down and doesn't allow tuning. Is there any way to get this Diablosport unlocked or trade it for a full version so I can have my local CMR shop do a custom tune for a pulley swap and injector/fuel pump upgrade I'm planning? Do I have to purchase a whole new full version Trinity or Predator? Can I get any trade-in credit from you for this Edelbrock branded Predator tuner?

Thanks!

Brad
mikel

Re: stupid mistake... can you help?

Post by mikel »

the duramax needs to be set back to stock with the efi live tool first, then plug the pred in and let it restore the stock tune, and then you can reload the efi live.

the edl pred cant be changed to allow more tuning, but you could trade it in for a $100 credit toward an intune or trinity if you would like.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
ngc1068

Post by ngc1068 »

mikel wrote: the edl pred cant be changed to allow more tuning, but you could trade it in for a $100 credit toward an intune or trinity if you would like.

Thanks
Mike,

Its been awhile.

If I get a trinity or intune, can I get the Edelbrock E-Force tune out of the Predator and put on the new tuner?

How is this done? The DS Downloader? or do I need to start over with a totally new CMR tune? Or just buy a used unlocked Predator?

Thanks!
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

no, you would have to have the custom tune re-done from the new copies of your original backup files from the new tool, as the tune file formats are different...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
ngc1068

Post by ngc1068 »

I see a few u7135 Predators stil for sale, can I use DS Downloader to get the Edelbrock tune out of the Edelbrock Predator, and then put the tune on the full featured u7135?
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

No. The Edelbrock tunes are the canned tunes for those Predators. You can't pull a canned tune out of the unit.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
jwdemon

Post by jwdemon »

You can load the Edelbrock tune to the vehicle then pull the last tune written and load it on the new Predator as a custom tune. But I'd bet the Edelbrock tune is locked and you won't be able to make changes to it anyway.