PLEASE HELP! CAR WILL NOT START!

General Tech Support Questions

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

lilredsrt

PLEASE HELP! CAR WILL NOT START!

Post by lilredsrt »

Ok guys i screwed up and bought a used trinity... I have a 2005 srt4 with a mopar stage 1 ECU. The trinity came off of an 2011 RAM 1500 w/HEMI 5.7 and a custom tune. Well the guy that sold me the trinity swore to me that he reset his truck to the original back up. So i went to tune my car and it would not load tune. The unit kept saying VIN not licensed for this vehicle.... SO i called the guy and again he swears it was cleared! Well, like a complete dumb-ass i went to see if maybe my car did take a tune and went to restore to original back up. Yes i know this was stupid, but i wasn't ever sure if that would hurt apparently it DOES because my car will not start now... When it went to restore it came up to a "please wait" screen and never would go away.. So i had to unplug it.. i didn't know what else to do... I have already reset the ECU and nothing just an engine light and will not do anything when key is turned. I'm extremly afraid that i fried the ecu.. Please tell me what to do.. And how much will it cost to get the code to reset the trinity??? One more thing.. This trinity has not been updated since 2011 i have downloaded the DSdownloader and data viewer. and have remote viewed the unit... Its really out of date and the touch screen does not work.. Just thought that should be known.
06MonteSS

Re: PLEASE HELP! CAR WILL NOT START!

Post by 06MonteSS »

yeah you're screwed... it tried to restore the RAM backup to your srt4, heh...

at this point, you can't do anything with the programmer or the car... need to wait for tech support tomorrow morning, call at 9am eastern time...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
lilredsrt

Post by lilredsrt »

YEP that's what i thought you would say.. I feel pretty stupid right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lilredsrt

Post by lilredsrt »

The thing that boggles me is that it even attempted to upload any kind of tune including Original back up, to a unlicensed vin.. I'm almost embarrassed to call but i guess im gonna have to..
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Thats what I was thinking. It must have seen that the back up and ECU were from two completely different vehicles. They don't even use the same BUS. Why would it even try to do that restore?
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
mikel

Post by mikel »

really should have stopped trying after the first few times that the tool told you it was not licensed ;)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
lilredsrt

Post by lilredsrt »

Soooo what you're saying is that any back up from any random vehicle CAN be loaded onto any vehicle that is not licensed?? This is interesting....... Have you guys seen this happen before?
mikel

Post by mikel »

when the tool is in 'recovery mode', because it thinks the last car it was used on is dead due to the tune not finishing, yes, it can just blast stuff into another similar ECU. This is part of the pitfalls of buying a used tuner...and trying to do something the tool clearly advised you not to do :)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com