Board index General Technical Support General Support Canned 91 CAI vs. 93 CAI on MSRT (running 93)

Canned 91 CAI vs. 93 CAI on MSRT (running 93)

General Tech Support Questions

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

Hope this is the right place to post this. (and I will do my best to explain my question properly).

I just purchased an 07 Magnum SRT8 with K&N CAI that came with a Predator "can'd tune for CAI and 91 octane". (this is sellers description).

I live in Louisiana, and we have 93 octane pretty much everywhere here. Would it be preferable to re-tune using the Predator's included stock 93/CAI tune, or leave the canned tune and run 93 on the 91 tuning? It's running fine now, I just wasn't sure is A - it's OK to run 93 on the 91 tune? (from what I am reading that should be oK?), and would it be worth it to move up to the 93/CAI tune on the Predator but lose the canned version?.

Thanks in advance for any help on this!

Matt

the 93 tune will likely add a bit more power than the 91 tune with 93 octane fuel.
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Thanks! I am new to all of this (that's apparent, I'm sure). Looking forward to possibly upgrading to an inTune in the near future. I'll drive it with the current tune for a bit before moving it up to the 93 tune. (so I can better appreciate the difference). Much appreciated!

Return to General Support