Jeep SRT8 (2008) turning off 02 sensors

General Tech Support Questions

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

Aben Dean

Jeep SRT8 (2008) turning off 02 sensors

Post by Aben Dean »

Iam Aben Dean from Fiji.

I recently bought the 2008 Jeep SRT8, previous owner has a set of kooks headers, BB exhaust system for sale (no cats). he actually took it off because the dealers here in Fiji could not turn of the Check light which goes on and indicates the O2 Sensor fault because of no cats, vehicle loses power and starts mis-firing etc.

So before i buy the kooks headers and exhaust from the previous owner i would like to tune it to run without the cats. Can this be possible by a email tune or something or maybe turn off the O2 sensors so no check light or power loss comes in.

Please let me know.
Your help will be highly appreciated

Thanks
Aben Dean
Fiji
mikel

Re: Jeep SRT8 (2008) turning off 02 sensors

Post by mikel »

yes, you can have a custom tune done via email to make it run properly.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Siouf

Post by Siouf »

Hi,

I have a 2006 grand cherokee srt8 and i hollowed out the cats keeping them installed and have a huge loss of power and msifire, in addition to the check engine light since i did that. How does the email tune work? I don't wish having anyone install any custom tune locally, I'd rather have a set one for cat delete sent by diablo. Can you send me any info about that? I would buy the diablo trinity for that.
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

The Hemis need backpressure. No matter what you do with a tune, the power loss is going to be there. You need to put on a set of cats, even if they're high flow ones.

Also, DiabloSport doesn't do custom tuning, and if they did, they certainly wouldn't do one that disables a legally required emissions device.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
Siouf

Post by Siouf »

Thanks Mike, what about mufflers instead of cats? Will that restore the stock power/torque? If so, any brand that would provide extra flow for more power while maintaining backpressure for low end torque? I know that's a bit controversial but maybe some brand came out with the optimal formula on stock tune...?!
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Mufflers aren't nearly as restrictive as cats, in fact DynoMax claims that their welded ultraflows actually outflow straight pipes due to their design causing a vacuum and pulling the gases through. I just don't see any mufflers adding enough backpressure to make the Hemi happy.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in