Board index General Technical Support General Support 2015 Eco Boost Dead peddle Info Thread.

2015 Eco Boost Dead peddle Info Thread.

General Tech Support Questions

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

Post Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:17 pm

EDIT*****

this appears to be fixed...please update your tools with the correct update file below. report back with updates please.

im starting this thread to consolidate all the other threads and info into one so we can better keep track. please post EVERYTHING in here from now on until we fix this damn thing. we need AS MUCH info as possible on this. so the more you can give us the better. PLEASE PLEASE try and make your story accurate. lying or changing the series of events helps no one.

what we believe the root problem is with in ford itself. i'll take an moment to explain. as some of you may or may not be aware that in ford land there can be one specific vehicle, in this case a 2015 F150 eco boost, but yet there be 15+ pcm "strategies" whenever ford changes something in the code no matter how big or small, it shows up as a new strategy.

all of the deal peddle issues we are having (and there are only a handful) are with one specific cal ID. There is SOMETHING going on with within ford on that certain cal id as ford has released more that 20 updates to that specific strategy. They are obviously trying to "fix" something up there in good old Dearborn but we don't know what yet. we had one customer who got the newest update available and reported no dead peddle for over a week. but it did come back. so what ever ford is fixing seems to go hand in hand.

the reason that other tools are not running into this problem is the very reason why our tool is better. other brands do not take your specific cal ID, change it and put it back in. they take THEIR own cal ID (what ever they choose) and just blast it into the pcm. this alone is why our tool is the only one that cannot be detected on warranty stuff. we use your cal id and we put your cal id back. it is also why our tool makes WAY more power than any other tune and that is because we are not limited to a generic cal id limits.

we did have a truck in here for 3 days and OF COURSE it didn't act up one time. :punisher:

so what we need from each one of you guys if to give us as much info as possibly including and not limited to:

-the model of the truck (xlt, fx4, etc)
-what options on the truck
-any mods what so ever no matter how big or small
-where you live (for elevation and demographic)
-how many miles on truck
-what octane fuel you usually run
-what diablo tool you have.
-what tune you were running at the time

also please post you entire story and chain of events. which lead up to dead throttle peddle. be as detailed as possible. try and include everything. how you were driving, where, how, what speed, how long from when you flashed it to when it happened. EVERYTHING

also please post the info.xml off your tool as well as original back up and last tune written and any custom tunes we might have sent you.

try and post everything you can in one post so the info does not get lost. we will figure this out but we need a little help from you guys.

updates will be posted in this thread as well.

AND GO!!!!!!
Attachments
TRINITY update.crom
(3.86 MiB) Downloaded 289 times
INTUNE update.ITF
(16.15 MiB) Downloaded 299 times
I2 update.itf
(16.15 MiB) Downloaded 302 times

2015 F150 xlt FX4 crew cab 3.55 gears. No mods. 3000 miles. Did the automatic update on my Intune last night. Programmed it to the 87 octane tune. Program went perfect. Started and ran ok. Had a pedal and I could rev it up. Backed out of the garage and made it about a block before I lost the pedal. Limped it back in to the garage without shutting it off. Hooked up a ford ids and ran a running self test on the pcm. No codes at all. Ran a self test on the rest of the modules. No codes in anything. Returned it to stock. Everything started working normally. Updated the Pcm to fords latest updated and tried the same program and this time after the program I had no pedal right away. Let me know if there is anything you would like me to check with the programmer installed. I can check any PID you would like or anything else. Let me know what I can do.
Last edited by juice055 on Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2015 F150 XLT Lariat 4x4, 3.5 Ecoboost, 3000 miles, no mods whatsoever. Using the Intune, and tried the 87 octane tune 3 separate times. The first 2 times it lost pedal after a short ride then sitting overnight or a few days. The last time it lost pedal while I was on the interstate, but it came back when I pumped the pedal, then seemed to loose power, sputter, then regain power and run ok. This went on for about 40 miles till I got back home and I returned it to stock, posted my tunes on here and emailed them to DiabloSport, and have been waiting for a fix. Hoping you come up with something soon, since I've been waiting too long to return the Intune for a refund.

hmm
Attachments
PCM_BNPMBB3_Backup.frg
(173.92 KiB) Downloaded 298 times
PCM_BNPMBB3_LastTuneWritten.frg
(173.48 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
Last edited by ozzcrash on Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Having the same problem.

Purchased the vehicle 3 weeks ago.

2015 king ranch
3.5L ecoboost
4WD
All options except rear seat entertainment
89 octane or 93 octane fuel used
No mods
tested both 87 and 91 tunes

I updated the tuner and tried 87 and 91 octane tunes. Both worked well after initial install. I started with the 87 tune; after a test run the truck sat overnight and the next morning I had dead pedal. Next day I tried the 91 tune. I put ~300 miles on the truck that day and shut off the truck multiple times. Next morning the truck had dead pedal.

I have not other mods on the truck and now have ~3,000 miles on it. Obviously Diablo has known about this problem since June 2015 or possibly sooner. I have a tuner that I cannot use because it makes the truck in operable. :drivingbad:

I guess I will sell the tuner and hedge my losses. Too bad, because the tunes are good when they work... :crashing:

jeff3673 wrote:
Having the same problem.

Purchased the vehicle 3 weeks ago.

2015 king ranch
3.5L ecoboost
4WD
All options except rear seat entertainment
89 octane or 93 octane fuel used
No mods
tested both 87 and 91 tunes

I updated the tuner and tried 87 and 91 octane tunes. Both worked well after initial install. I started with the 87 tune; after a test run the truck sat overnight and the next morning I had dead pedal. Next day I tried the 91 tune. I put ~300 miles on the truck that day and shut off the truck multiple times. Next morning the truck had dead pedal.

I have not other mods on the truck and now have ~3,000 miles on it. Obviously Diablo has known about this problem since June 2015 or possibly sooner. I have a tuner that I cannot use because it makes the truck in operable. :drivingbad:

I guess I will sell the tuner and hedge my losses. Too bad, because the tunes are good when they work... :crashing:

try not to be to discouraged. we will get it fixed. that is the purpose of this thread. i have mentioned in other threads that while we knew somthing was up we were not sure to what extent. all we knew is it all stemmed back to one pcm code. we have no way of knowing what code you have before you actualy tune the truck. but like i said we are getting this fixed.

juice055 wrote:
2015 F150 xlt FX4 crew cab 3.55 gears. No mods. 3000 miles. Did the automatic update on my Intune last night. Programmed it to the 87 octane tune. Program went perfect. Started and ran ok. Had a pedal and I could rev it up. Backed out of the garage and made it about a block before I lost the pedal. Limped it back in to the garage without shutting it off. Hooked up a ford ids and ran a running self test on the pcm. No codes at all. Ran a self test on the rest of the modules. No codes in anything. Returned it to stock. Everything started working normally. Updated the Pcm to fords latest updated and tried the same program and this time after the program I had no pedal right away. Let me know if there is anything you would like me to check with the programmer installed. I can check any PID you would like or anything else. Let me know what I can do.

THANK YOU!!! the did help rule out a few things we were wondering.

juice055 wrote:

IS there any way you can check the BCM (Smart junction box) when the throttle is disabled?
Insert Clever comment here...

Please do not PM me as I rarely see the notifications.

Nothing in the bcm. No codes in any module
Last edited by juice055 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2015 PLATINUM 3.5 4X4 ECOBOOST 12000 MILES
NO MODS , FULLY EQUIPPED

93 OCTANE GAS
ORIGINAL PCM SOFTWARE PKCMAC7 AND PER YOUR REQUEST WENT TO FORD TO UPDATE THE PCM TO THE LATEST REVISION WHICH IT WAS PKCMAW3

SINCE TEH VERY BEGINNING , LOST THROTTLE HAS BEEN THE MAIN ISSUE , WITH THE LAST UPDATE I DROVE 100 MILES AND THEN IT LOST PEDAL , I REALLY DONT UNDERSTAND HOW DOES THE PROGRAM CAN BEHAVE CORRECTLY FOR AN UNDETERMINED AMOUNT OF TIME AND THEN LIKE IN THE FAIR WE NEED TO PUT ANOTHER COIN :cry:

juangorena wrote:
NO MODS , FULLY EQUIPPED

93 OCTANE GAS
ORIGINAL PCM SOFTWARE PKCMAC7 AND PER YOUR REQUEST WENT TO FORD TO UPDATE THE PCM TO THE LATEST REVISION WHICH IT WAS PKCMAW3

SINCE TEH VERY BEGINNING , LOST THROTTLE HAS BEEN THE MAIN ISSUE , WITH THE LAST UPDATE I DROVE 100 MILES AND THEN IT LOST PEDAL , I REALLY DONT UNDERSTAND HOW DOES THE PROGRAM CAN BEHAVE CORRECTLY FOR AN UNDETERMINED AMOUNT OF TIME AND THEN LIKE IN THE FAIR WE NEED TO PUT ANOTHER COIN :cry:

and that right there is a $1,000,000 question. but you are the second person that has updated to that cal and got significantly more range out the the tune before it failed.

roughly how many key cylces? and how many warm up cycles?

DiabloMatt wrote:
juangorena wrote:
NO MODS , FULLY EQUIPPED

93 OCTANE GAS

and that right there is a $1,000,000 question. but you are the second person that has updated to that cal and got significantly more range out the the tune before it failed.

roughly how many key cylces? and how many warm up cycles?

10-12 KEY CYCLES AND MAYBE 2 WARMUP CYCLES IF I UNDERSTAND CORRECTLY THE QUESTION

I am on the PKCMAW3 version too. What tune should I be trying. I will admit, after trying all the different tunes I am not sure what I should be on.

kellyfj10 wrote:
I am on the PKCMAW3 version too. What tune should I be trying. I will admit, after trying all the different tunes I am not sure what I should be on.

i would toss the 87 tune in there and see what it does with the W3 file.

DiabloMatt wrote:
kellyfj10 wrote:

Which version of the 87 tune?

kellyfj10 wrote:
DiabloMatt wrote:
kellyfj10 wrote:

Which version of the 87 tune?

can you send us the latest crom file to try the 87 octane tune ?

Next

Return to General Support