Diablo Sport Predator for Chrysler continuing tuning

General Tech Support Questions

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

litegirl32

Diablo Sport Predator for Chrysler continuing tuning

Post by litegirl32 »

So, I bought and used my programmer almost 2 years ago, and it freaking rocked my performance! Since then, I haven't made any new mods to my JK so I haven't touched the Predator. Fast forward, I'm about to dual out my exhaust and will want to continue my customized programming - without loosing my previous customizations. I recall when I used my programmer last time, I was told to connect my tuner to my pc and make sure all current updates are on the tuner before customizing. In preparation for my new exhaust upgrade, I figured I would plug in my tuner to my pc and make sure all updates are on my tuner. Of course, i've since changed computers. I've downloaded and installed the downloader, drivers, .crom files....so, here are my 2 questions -
1) as the version displayed on my tuner appears to be the current version online (v9.r14) - do I really need to update my tuner? and if so....
2) why does my tuner insist that i restore the original backup file before i can update my tuner? i don't want to lose the customization i've already done on my Jeep!

Thanks!
Dawn
Mike_Levy

Re: Diablo Sport Predator for Chrysler continuing tuning

Post by Mike_Levy »

The Predator has been dead for years. You don't need to make any updates. It probably hasn't even been updated.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
litegirl32

Post by litegirl32 »

Thank you for your response - I wont attempt any further updates on the tool. I still LOVE the performance this lil guy gave my Jeep!
mikel

Post by mikel »

Yeah, no need to update so no need to restore unless you go to a dealer ;)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com