S.O.S Recently purchased t1000, now my truck won't start.

General Tech Support Questions

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

Jamesranderson1987

S.O.S Recently purchased t1000, now my truck won't start.

Post by Jamesranderson1987 »

Recently purchased a diablo t1000, never used one before, it was used and was told it would tune mine and was unlocked and able to be used on my truck.. I plugged it into my odb port, and it said something along the lines of will have to remove factory tune would you like to proceed so I accepted it. Well now i suppose it has removed my factory tune and attempted to install tune. Says it failed to install tune and would have to reinstall factory tune.. tried to to do that. Then says it failed. Now my truck won't start. As it turns out it was it was married to the owners truck in which was traded in and no longer have access to it anymore.. anyways from what I've found online is I can get the tuner unlocked for 179.00, now my next question is, will I need the factory tune? what is my next step?
Last edited by Jamesranderson1987 on Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jamesranderson1987

Re: S.O.S Recently purchased t1000, now my truck want start.

Post by Jamesranderson1987 »

No one have have anything?
mikel

Re: S.O.S Recently purchased t1000, now my truck won't start

Post by mikel »

if it restored a tune from someone elses truck to your pcm then you'll need to get it to a dealer for a quick reflash to get it going.

if it finished installing the file in your truck it should be unlocked now, what does it say for options/show last tune written?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com